There are many reasons people choose to install Under-Cabinet lighting in their kitchens, they could be simply decoration or with a purpose.
When it comes to choosing the best lighting for your kitchen cabinets, you must know why you’re installing them in the first place:
- Will you use them as directional task lights that you will need as you work?
- Are they only to complete your kitchen decor and create a nice ambiance?
The reason behind your Under-Cabinet lighting will help you choose the best shape and power of lighting for your purpose.
Types of Under-Cabinet Lighting:
Under cabinet lighting is available in different shapes and sizes:
- Light Strips: these are the most popular when it comes to under cabinet lighting. They are mostly available as a hardwired option or a plug-in type that is easier to install.
- Light Pucks: These are usually available as plug-in or even battery operated, which is the easiest type to install. However, they mostly offer ambient lighting and are the best option for decoration rather than actual lighting.
- LED Tape: The best choice for an energy-efficient lighting solution that requires simple installation and no replacements since they’re designed to go on for a lifetime. They also give you a better variety as color as they’re available in different temperature or even color-changing.
Best Rated Under-Cabinet Lighting:
LE Dimmable Under Cabinet Lighting:
- A complete set that includes 3 LED strips, a dimmer, a remote control, power adaptor and connectors.
- Saves 60% on energy, 12W LEDs replace 24W.
- Provides bright lighting.
- Simple plug and play installation.
QPAU Motion Sensor Super Bright LED Lights:
- LED Light Bar with 10 super bright LEDs
- Automatic motion-sensor automatically lights up when motion is detected near the sensor field.
- Shuts off automatically when people walk away to save on energy power.
- Battery-operated, uses AAA batteries.
- Very easy to install using the included adhesive strip.
TaoTronics LED Light Tape with Changeable Colors:
- Multi-color LED light strip with waterproof LEDs.
- Color-changing, dimmable, and brightness control options.
- Includes power adaptor and remote control.
- Requires connectors if you’ll need to cut and position the tape in different places.
- Not as easy to install, but more flexible when it comes to use and application.
Westek LED Dimmable Accent Lights:
- Thin, puck accent lighting for under cabinets.
- Includes 4 pucks.
- Expansion kits available to add more pucks.
- Built-in dimmer.
- Easy to install.
- Plug and play system.