Best Sensor (Touchless) Trash Cans for Your Kitchen
What Is a Sensor Trash Can?
A touchless trash can is a new breed of trash cans for the kitchen. These trash cans are equipped with a motion sensor that automatically opens up the lid when you approach it, without you even touching it.
Why Buy a Touchless Trash Can?
There are many reasons why a sensor activated trash can is useful:
- It makes a boring everyday chore easier. It opens up the lid and keeps it open till you’ve throw or unloaded your trash.
- Less germs on your hands. The lid of a trash can get contaminated as much as the can itself. With a traditional trash can, you’re bound to touch the lid when you’re throwing trash or changing the trash bag. Using a sensor powered trash can, all you have to do is wave at the sensor and the lid opens up, touch-free.
- A touchless, motion-activated trash can sounds like an unnecessary luxury, but until you’ve tried it yourself, you’ll now that it is actually an important part of a modern kitchen and it will make your daily chore easier and you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
Best Sensor-Activated Trash Cans To Buy:
Nine Stars Touchless Motion Sensor Trash Cans, Set of 2:
- Set of 2 trash cans, large and small.
- Commercial-grade stainless steel body with plastic lid.
- Water resistant motion sensor detects motion within inches of range.
- Lid remains open as long as you’re in range of the sensor. It closes 3 seconds after you move away from the range.
- Sizes of trash cans: Large: 13 Gallons (50 liters). Small: 2.1 Gallons (8 liters).
- Battery powered.
iTouchless Deoderizer Touch Free Sensor Trash Can:
- Large 13 Gallons capacity trash can.
- Stainless steel exterior with plastic lid.
- Features a carbon deoderizer for an oder free trashcan.
- One Deoderizer is pre-installed, refills can be purchased separately.
- Sensor is activated when you come within 6 inches of the trash can.
- Can be powered by batteries or AC Power adapter (sold separately).
Simplehuman Stainless Steel Semi-Round Sensor Can:
- Stainless steel body and lid, with 12 gallon capacity.
- Nano-silver clear coat protects the stainless steel and it’s anti-microbial and anti-fingerprint.
- Motion sensor adapts to you and your surroundings, no false triggers.
- Precision motor creates a smooth lid opening and a very quiet experience.
- Stainless steel liner rim flips down to hold the liner securely and hide it.
- Liner pocket inside the trash can stores and holds liners from inside the can.
- Can be used with Simplehuman Code J liners which are made specifically to fit this can so they don’t slip and they remain hidden.
- Battery operated.
Nine Stars vs. iTouchless vs. Simplehuman, Which Trash Can Should You Buy?
Image Title Nine Stars Touchless Automatic Motion Sensor Trash Can, Set of 2 iTouchless Deodorizer Touch-Free Sensor 13-Gallon Automatic Stainless-Steel Trash Can simplehuman Stainless Steel Semi-Round Sensor Can, Touch-Free Automatic Trash Can with Liner Pocket, 45 L / 12 Gal Feature Set of 2 touchless trashcans seal odors in and eliminate cross-contamination of germs
Anti-fingerprint commercial-grade stainless-steel sides with snug-fitting black plastic tops
Water-resistant infrared motion sensor detects motion within inches of sensor range; interior garbage bag ring and black plastic liner can
Smaller can runs on 4 D-size batteries; Larger can runs on either 4 D-size or 3 C-size batteries (not included); energy saving technology keeps battery life 20% longer
Black plastic liner ring is for large size trashcan. Black plastic bucket is for small size trashcan.
Includes one (1) carbon deodorizer, refills sold separately,Extra-wide opening (11.75" Diagonal) for larger debris
Equips with Air Escape holes for easier trash bag removal
Powered by 4 D size batteries or optional AC Power Adaptor (Sold Separately)
non-touch hygienic features meet the immediate needs in healthcare facilities and elderly homes, kindly refer the user manual given below for troubleshooting steps.
Dimensions: 13D x 9W x 27H in.
adapts to you and the surrounding environment - no false triggers, no unexpected lid closures
a precision motor and planetary gear system produces smooth, steady power - and you won't hear a thing
stainless steel liner rim flips down to hide and secure liner
liner pocket stores and dispenses liners from inside the can
antimicrobial and fingerprint-proof nano-silver clear coat protects stainless steel
simplehuman code J liners are designed to fit this can perfectly so they don't slip, and they stay completely hidden
5-year warranty (when purchased through authorized re-sellers: Amazon or simplehuman)
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info More Info
- If you’re looking for the most affordable choice, the Nine Star is it. For the price of one trash can, you’ll actually get two. Sounds like a fantastic deal, and it is, but many customers have report that the quality of the Nine Star isn’t the greatest. It dies rather quickly, so it’s not a long term investment.
- the iTouchless has a nice Deoderizer feature which gives you an oder-free trash can. It also has the option of using AC power adapter instead of batteries, which is great. One of the biggest issues of the iTouchless trash can, as reported by customers, is that the trash can’s sensor becomes less sensitive or, at some point, the lid might start to close and open randomly, even when you’re not near it.
- As for the Simplehuman trash can, it is the most expensive of them all, but it is by far the most efficient and more durable. The sensor works as it should, it is adaptable to your movement, so the more you use it, the better it gets at detecting your motion. Design wise, it is very sleek and clean, the liners are hidden and not visible on the outside, there’s a hidden compartment inside that stores liners for easy change. Many people might find it inconvenient that this trash can uses their own branded liners, but this is not necessary. Using the Simplehuman liners are not required, but they are designed to be a perfect fit, non-slip, and well hidden, and they fit the storage compartment on the inside.
In the case of Touchless, motion activated trash cans, we certainly believe that you get what you pay for. The Simplehuman trash can is what we’re recommending. Yes, it will cost you more, but it will certainly last you a lifetime.
Watch How They Work:
Nine Stars Trash Can:
iTouchless Trash Can:
simplehuman Sensor Trash Can: