We’ve already compared the Breville BOV800XL to the BOV650XL as well as Cuisinart’s TOB-260. In this post, we’ll compare the Breville BOV800XL to another model by the same brand, the BOV450XL Mini.
Features of the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven:
- 1800 watts oven with Element IQ Technology.
- Element IQ adjusts the power of the five individual quartz heating elements to cook food more evenly and quickly.
- 13″ Pizza, 6 toast slices capacity.
- 5 Quartz heating elements.
- Convection oven function.
- 9 Pre-set function: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast, warm.
- Magnetic auto-eject rack.
- Easy to read, backlit LCD Display.
- Easy to clean stainless steel housing.
- Included accessories: baking pan, pizza pan and broil rack.
- Dimensions: 18.5×16.25×11.25 inches
Features Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven:
- 1800watts with Element IQ Technology.
- 11″ Pizza, 4 toast slices capacity.
- 4 Quartz heating elements.
- NO Convection oven function.
- 8 Pre-set functions: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast
- Backlit LCD Display.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Included accessories: baking pan.
- Dimensions: 16x13x9 inches
What Is The Difference Between Breville BOV800XL vs. BOV450XL Mini?
- The Breville BOV800XL works as bot a toaster oven and a convection oven. It has 5 Quartz heating elements, which works for its larger capacity.
- The Breville BOV450XL has 4 Quartz heating elements and it doesn’t have the ability to function as a convection oven.
- Both models have Element IQ Technology, which works on adjusting the temperature in each element according to what type of food you’re cooking.
- The BOV800XL has a 13″ Pizza, 6 Toast Slices capacity.
- BOV450XL Mini has an 11″ Pizza, 4 Toast Slices capacity.
- The BOV800XL comes with a baking pan, pizza pan and broil rack.
- The BOV450XL only includes a baking pan.
- BOV800XL has 9 presets: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast, warm.
- BOV450XL has 8 presets: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast. It is missing the Warm feature, but it has a “Little Bit More” function, which extends your selected preset for a little bit more to give you that perfect result.
Which One Should You Buy?
Both models being excellent smart ovens, which one you choose relies fully on what you need.
- The BOV800XL is larger in capacity, has better heating and includes more accessories. It is also both convection oven and a toaster oven, so it gives you a lot more functions to use.
- The BOV450XL is perfect for toasting and heating tasks, and it’s pretty good at it. Due to its smaller size, it isn’t as suitable for larger families as the BOV800XL.
Breville Smart Oven Mini BOV450XL vs. Compact BOV650XL:
- The Breville Compact Smart Oven with Element iQ System includes most features of a larger Smart Oven in a compact footprint; Satisfy your meal needs by choosing from 8 cooking functions to make your favorites from toast for breakfast to a roast for dinner
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 4 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- 8 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile compact smart oven with 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Pizza, Roast, Cookies and Reheat
- MEDIUM CAPACITY: The 16.7 x 15.6 x 10.2 inch interior has all the room for 4 slice of toast, 6 cups muffin tray, 12 inch pizza, roast chicken and anything else you’ve got for it
- LCD DISPLAY: LCD display to more easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 8 cooking functions
The Breville Smart Oven Compact is somewhere between the Breville Smart Oven and Breville Smart Oven Mini. Not as big as the original, but not as small as the Mini version. It features:
- 8 pre set functions: toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat.
- It fits 4 slices of toast or 12″ pizza.
- It includes: 10″ x 10″ enamel baking pan and 10″ x 10″ enamel broiling rack.
- Dimensions: Exterior: (W) 17 x (D) 15 x (H) 10, Interior: (W) 11¾ x (D) 10 x (H) 4¼
So, the Compact model has the same functions of the Mini model, but it is slightly bigger. The Mini model will fit 11″ pizza where the Compact can fit 12″ pizza.
Other than that, it has the same features that the Breville Smart Oven Mini has.
Should You Buy Breville Smart Oven Mini or Compact?
Apart from the slight design and controls difference, what sets these two models apart the most is the size. If you want a bigger option than the Mini, go for the Compact.