In This Post...
Features of Breville Fast Slow Pro
- A pressure cooker and slow cooker combined in one appliance.
- Capacity: 6 quart – 4.5 quart (MAX), 1 quart (MIN)
- Color changing LCD tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, cooking or releasing steam
- 11 pressure cooking pre settings plus a custom setting to suit any recipe.
- Slow cook settings Hi or Lo, from 2 hours up to 12 hours.
- Keep Warm function keeps food warm after cooking and until ready to serve.
- Cooking functions: Slow cook, pressure cook, sear, saute, reduce, steam and keep warm.
- Custom setting allows you to adjust temperature, pressure and time to suit your favorite recipe
- Hands-free automatic steam release for safety from accidental burns.
- Steam release modes are automatically changed depending on the type of food you cook:
- Auto Quick function releases pressure quickly and continuously to prevent over-cooking.
- Auto Pulse function releases pressure in bursts to reduce disturbance to the food.
- Natural function allows pressure to naturally subside without the use of the vent.
Construction and Material:
- Removable cooking bowl with PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating
- Brushed Stainless steel exterior.
- Lid with Stainless steel construction with 3-way safety system
- Lid is dishwasher safe.
- Stainless steel steamer basket for cook proteins, vegetables and seafood in minutes.
- Stainless rack that supports the steamer basket and also raises food out of the cooking liquid
- recipe book with 41 recipes.
Features of Breville Risotto Plus
- Slow cooker, sauteing, rice cooker and steamer.
- Capacity: 4 qt (3.7L) 10 cups (20 cups cooked)
- Cooking functions: Risotto, slow cooking Hi and Lo, Saute, Rice, Steam and Keep Warm.
- Dedicated button for each cooking function.
- Creates creamy authentic Risotto hands-free without the need to constantly stir.
- Auto Keep Warm for Risotto and Rice cooking modes. It will keep rice warm for 5 hours and Risotto for 30 minutes before automatic shut-off.
Materials and Construction:
- Aluminum bowl with nonstick coating.
- Glass lid with steam vent
- Brushed stainless steel housing.
- Stainless steel steaming tray,
- Measuring Cup.
- Serving spoon.
What Is The Difference Between Breville Fast Slow Pro vs. Risotto Plus?
These both appliances by Breville are an excellent choice for making a great variety of meals and foods. Both are also a multi-purpose appliance, where they differ is in the purpose they serve:
- The Fast Slow Pro is a combination of a slow cooker and pressure cooker.
- The Risotto Plus is a slow cooker and a rice cooker.
That’s the main difference in what they do. But there are many other differences as well:
- The Fast Slow Pro has 11 pressure cooking settings and a custom option for you to set your own settings. Slow cooking varies from 2 to 12 hours. And you can also use it for sauteing, steaming, searing and reducing food, as well as keeping food warm. The Fast Slow Pro also has automatic steam release that changes based on the food setting you choose.
- The Risotto Plus, as its name would indicate, specializes in Risotto making. Risotto is a hearty meal that is simple to make but requires constant stirring and supervision. The Risotto Plus has a special pre set to prepare Risotto hands-free and automatically without the need for stirring. But that’s not all it does. You can use it as a rice cooker, steaming, for searing, reducing and sauteing. It also has a Keep Warm function.
- The Fast Slow Pro has a color changing LCD screen that changes in color depending on whether the cooker is pressurizing, cooking or releasing steam. It has a variety of food to choose from for automatic settings, or you can enter your own settings.
- The Risotto Plus does not have a display, but a dedicated button for each cooking function. Since it does not have any custom settings, you only need to press a button and hit start to activate the pre-sets.
Breville is known for using only premium materials in its appliances:
- Both cookers have brushed stainless steel exterior housing.
- The bowl on the Fast Slow Pro has PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating. And as it is a pressure cooker, too, the lid is stainless steel with a 3-way safety system. It is also dishwasher safe.
- On the Risotto Plus, the bowl is aluminum with nonstick coating. The lid is glass with a steam vent.
- The Fast Slow Pro comes with a stainless steel basket and a rack.
- The Risotto Plus includes a stainless steel tray, a measuring cup and a serving spoon.
Breville Fast Slow Pro vs. Instant Pot IP-DUO60, What Is The Difference?
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is quite comparable to Breville’s Fast Slow Pro in the sense that both are pressure cookers and slow cookers too.
- Instant Pot has 7 main functions: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer
- It has 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice
- Like the Breville, it allows you to use custom settings.
- It is available in different sizes: 5, 6 or 8 quart.
- The cooking bowl on the Instant Pot is a 3-ply stainless steel pot.
- It has automatic steam release function that depend on the type of food you select.
- The control display on the Instant Pot shows only basic information like time and numbers for selected settings. Otherwise, it has a dedicated button for each food type/program.
Like we said, these two units are quite comparable. But there are some differences:
Cooking functions of both are almost the same. Only the Instant Pot has a Yogurt Maker function that the Breville Fast Slow cooker doesn’t have.
The pre set functions on the units are:
- Breville Fast Slow Pro: Vegetables, Rice, Risotto, Soup, Stock, Beans, Poultry, Meat, Bone-In Meat, Chili/Stew, Dessert.
- Instant Pot: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice
- The control panel on the Breville Fast Slow Pro is quite amazing and easy to uses. The LCD display is clear and makes it a breeze to set your settings using the dial knobs. It helps that the display changes color in accordance to the process, which helps you know at what stage your food is with a quick glance.
- On the Instant Pot, there are lots of buttons to press. Although it is easy when it comes to using a pre set button, it can become a hassle when programming a custom setting.
- On the Breville Fast Slow Pro, you can select from 11 pressure settings, plus a custom setting.
- On the Instant Pot, your pressure settings are limited to High Pressure or Low Pressure
Breville Fast Slow Pro Cooker:
Please note that the video refers to this as the Sage cooker, which is the brand name Breville products are sold under in the UK. It is the same as the Breville Fast Slow Pro sold in the US in every function.
Review of the Breville Risotto Plus:
Review of Instant Pot: