Omega J8006 Comparisons with J8008, NC900, Hurom and Breville
What Is a Masticating Juicer?
A Masticating juicer, also known as a low-speed juicer, are a type of juicing appliance that juices using crushing and squeezing at a slow speed. Because the juicer works at a slow speed, usually there would be NO foaming, clogging or heat build up. It also protects oxidation and keeps the healthy enzymes of fruits and vegetables. The design of a Masticating juicer is usually horizontal, the juice comes out of one end and the pulp comes out another, where those are located will depend on the model of the juicer.
Comparisons in This Post:
- Omega J8006 vs J8008
- Omega J8006 vs NC900
- Omega J8006 vs J8004
- Omega J8006 vs. Hurom HU-100
- Omega J8006 vs. Breville BJS600XL
- Omega J8006 vs. Breville 800JEXL
Features of Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer:
- Works at 80 RPMs, no clogging or foaming.
- Yields in high juice volume, with auto pulp ejection for continuous juicing.
- Dual stage juicing system: First, the juice is extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable. Then, before the pulp is extracted, it is squeezed for a second time.
- Very efficient, produces the most amount of juice using less produce and less time.
- Juice produces can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or separation.
- The juicer is multifunctional and can be used as a coffee grinder, food processor, nut butter maker, mince herbs, garlic and meat.
- Has GE Ultem Auger which is 8x stronger than most other plastics.
What Is The Difference Between The Omega J8006 vs. J8008?
- We’ve tried to look hard into this as there’s not much information to find. It seems that the difference is in the design, power and where the juicer is made.
- The J8006 has a different handle design than the J8008, which isn’t a big deal.
- The J8006 is available in many colors (plastic bodies) or heavy-duty chrome. Where the J8008 has only a chrome-body.
- Power wise, the J8006 has 150 Watts power and the J8008 has 200 Watts.
- The J8006 is made in South Korea. The J8008 is made in China.
Omega J8006 vs J8005, What’s The Difference?
The biggest difference between these models is the material that the auger is made of. On the J8005, the auger is plastic-y and is very hard to clean, according to customers. On the J8006, the auger is made of more durable plastic material that is much easier to clean and doesn’t clog up.
Another difference is the warranty time, the J8005 has a 10 year warranty while the J8006 has 15 years warranty.
What Is The Difference Between the Omega NC900 and J8006?
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR WARRANTY covering parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES: Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- EXCLUSIVE: Dual Stage masticating extraction
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES: Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- NUTRITION CENTER: Extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, turn nuts into nut butter, make baby food and frozen desserts, mince herbs and garlic, and whip up soy milk in a flash
- The Omega NC900 is a higher end juicer than the J8006. Here are its features:
- It has the same rotating speed of 80 RPMs, and the same Dual Stage Juicing system that the J8006 and J8008 have.
- It also has the same auto pulp extraction system for continuous juicing.
- The NC900 has 5 adjustable settings for maximum juice output.
- It has 6 nozzles to give you multifunctions of grinding, mincing and food processing (like the J8006 and J8008), it has 2 juicing screens.
- The NC900 has a larger chute, which means you’ll spend less time cutting and preparing food before juicing it.
Omega J8006 vs. J8004, What’s The Difference?
There is no difference between the J8006 and J8004 when it comes to features. The only difference is the color of the body. The J8004 is white only. The J8006 comes in many colors, including the chrome finish (which is also plastic but has a premium chrome look to it). If you’re not fussy about colors, then we recommend you buy the J8004 as it will cost you less while giving you the full features of the J8006.
Are Omega J8005, J8006, J8008 and NC900 BPA Free?
Depends on the model:
- J8005 is NOT BPA-Free
- The J8006 is BPA-free.
- J8008 is BPA-free
- NC900 is BPA-Free
Omega J8006 vs. Hurom HU-100, What’s The Difference?
- Using Hurom's cold-pressing system, 35% more juice is extracted from your foods than with traditional high-speed juicers, leaving less and drier pulp.
- Hurom's patented Slow Squeezing Technology (SST) gently squeezes ingredients, preserving natural taste & nutrients lost by high-speed juicers that grind and crush. Slow Squeezing Technology also retains heat-sensitive nutrients such as Vitamins A and C, and live enzymes.
- The Hurom masticating juicer can easily process fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, wheatgrass, nuts, and soy to make a variety of juices, milks, sauces, marinades, even baby food.
- Hurom's durable motor has a 10-year warranty, uses only 150 watts of energy and is practically silent.
- The cold-press juicer features a heavy-duty Ultem strainer and auger, which is eight times stronger than traditional plastics and handles both coarse and fine foods easily.
The Hurom HU-100 runs at the same speed as the Omega J8006, 80 RPMs. It also runs as the same power of 150 Watts. Both juicers are made in South Korea.
- First difference is the design: The Hurom HU-100 has a vertical design, while the Omega J8006 has a horizontal design.
- The second major difference is that the Omega is a mutli-functional juicer that not only juices fruit and greens, but it also minces meats, processes food, makes nut butters, and grinds coffee. The Hurom is a juicer only with no added functions.
- Both juicers are masticating juicers, however, the Omega has an exclusive Dual Stage juicing system that squeezing the pulp after juicing to get every little bit of juice out.
Omega J8006 vs. Breville BJS600XL, What’s The Difference?
- Masticating juicer extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits and vegetables
- Ultra quiet 240-watt motor
- Direction control ensures fruit or vegetables can be dislodged from juicing screw
- Filter basket with auto purifying for maximum yield and easy cleaning between juicing
- Measures 8-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 16-inch, 1-year limited warranty
- The Brevilile BJS600XL has the same specifications of both the Omega and Hurom juicers. It runs 80 RPMs, but it has an ultra quite and more powerful motor with 240-watts power. Like the Hurom, it has a vertical design.
- The one feature that the Breville has that the other juicers don’t is the Direction Control feature. This allows you to forward or reverse the direction the juicer is going. Why is this important? It comes very useful when fruit or vegetable jams happen. If you’ve got a piece of food jammed in the juicer, simply reversing the direction can get it unstuck.
- Unlike the Omega J8006, this Breville juicer has only one function of slow-juicing and not anything else.
What About the Difference Between Omega J8006 and Breville 800JEXL Juicer?
- 1000 watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM); Extraction system: Ultra sharp titanium reinforced cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins and minerals
- Die cast steel housing; Stainless steel micromesh filter; Titanium plated cutting disk.Do not soak the nutri disc in bleach
- Circular 3 inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables; Voltage is 110 to 120 Volts and over 40,000 filtering pores
- 1.1 quarts Juice Jug capacity, 3.2 quarts Pulp container capacity book, dishwasher safe parts
- Locking arm bolts move upto 1/4 in all directions to ensure a snug fit in the locking arm; Note do not operate juicer more than a minute at a time when using at rapid rate or with firm pressure; Allow the motor to rest for one minute between each use
The Breville 800JEXL is NOT a slow juicer (masticating), but a Centrifugal juicer. It has 1000-watts power, and two speeds: low is 6,500 RPMs and high is 13,000 RPMs. The 800JEXL has a premium stainless steel finish, a 3″ wide feeding chute and a large capacity pulp container.
We can’t really compare the Breville 800JEXL to any of the previous juicers we talked about as they don’t fall into the same category. The Breville 800JEXL is one of the highest end juicers you can buy, and probably has the best quality possible. It’s a great purchase, as long as you know it’s not a masticating juicer, so if that’s what you’re looking for, this isn’t the juicer for you.
Review of the Omega J8006:
Review of the Omega NC900:
Review of the Breville BJS600XL: