Oster Pro 1200 vs. Ninja Professional Blender, Which One To Choose?
Features of Oster Pro 1200 Blender:
- Blender with smart settings technology. Features 7 presets for most common blender uses.
- Presets include: frozen/green smoothies, Food chop/salsa, Milkshakes and more.
- Dual Direction Blade technology allows for extra blending power, precise chopping and grinding.
- 1200watts of blending power, 900watts for crushing ice.
- 6-cup capacity Boroclass glass jar withstands thermal shock
- Extra wide base allows food to blend thoroughly.
- Choose from two bundles: blender with to-go 24oz smoothie cup or blender with smoothie cup and 5-cup food processor.
Features of Ninja Professional Blender & Nutri Ninja Cup BL660:
- 1100watts power
- 72 oz (9 cups) Total Crushing pitcher, made of BPA-FREE plastic.
- Features 3 speeds, pulse and single-serve options.
- Blade pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies.
- Includes two 16 oz to-go cups with lids
What’s The Difference Between Oster Pro 1200 vs Ninja Professional Blender (BL660):
- Oster Pro has more powerful wattage at 1200 vs Ninja’s 1100watts. Although that’s not an incredible difference.
Presets and Options:
- Oster Pro 1200 has several presets for common blender uses like Smoothie, Chop/Salsa or Milkshake. It also has 3 speed options and a pulse option.
- Ninja Blender has 3 speed settings, a pulse setting and a single-serve option.
- Oster blender has a 6-point stainless steel blade that sits at the bottom of the blender’s jar, like most blenders.
- Ninja’s jar has a long stick with 3 blades at different height positions. which allows it to cut through your ingredients or ice better.
This is an important feature for anyone who wants to make icy drinks with their blender:
- Oster Pro 1200 notes that it works at 900watts for crushing ice.
- Although Ninja does not note the wattage used for crushing ice, it notes that its blade creates snow-like ice in seconds for a nice and creamy drink texture.
Jar Material and Capacity:
- Oster includes a 6-cup jar that is made from glass.
- Ninja has 9-cup jar made of BPA-FREE plastic.
- Oster is available in two options: first one includes a 24-oz tumbler that fits right into the blender to create drinks in it. The second option includes the to-go cup as well as a 5-cup food processor. The food processor bowl is used with the blender’s base, too. Each of these options is available at a different price.
- Ninja’s blender, specifically model BL660, comes with two 16 oz to-go cups that you can blend your drink in. Other models of the Ninja blender are available with other accessories.
Oster Pro vs Vitamix, What’s The Difference?
Vitamix is a top-of-the-line blender and that is certainly reflected in its price. What makes Vitamix so special in comparison to a blender like Oster Pro or other affordable blenders?
- The biggest feature that Vitamix has is its ability to give you precise control of speed. You get speeds up to 10, and a variable control that you can use as the drink/food is being processed. This kind of speed control gives you control over texture. Also, Vitamix blenders can knead bread or pizza dough, which adds more to its functionality.
- Vitamix has 2 Horsepower motor, which converts to nearly 1500watts.
- Read our comparisons between Vitamix models here.
Making a Green Juice in Oster 1200 Pro:
Review of Ninja Blender:
Which One To Buy?
We are leaning towards Ninja Professional Blender BL660 set for these reasons:
- Better blades: The fact that the blades are positioned at different levels means that they run through the ingredients faster and more thoroughly. It also gives you better consistency.
- It includes two Ninja cups.
- Its ice crushing capability means better icy drinks in less time.
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Kitchen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.