Pull Down vs. Pull Out Kitchen Faucets: The Difference and Which To Choose
We’ve already covered Pull down kitchen faucets, but we’re still yet to get to pull down faucets. Before we do that, we know that there are many people who are still not sure of the difference between the two type of kitchen faucets. So our post today will be a comparison between the two.
Pull Down vs. Pull Out Kitchen Faucets: What Is the Difference and Which Is Best?
Basically, both pull down and pull out kitchen faucets serve the same purpose, the head of the faucet can be pulled and detached to be easily used to wash and clean. It also offers you either water stream or spray to even extend its function. So, what would make you choose one over the other? Here’s a few pointers to keep in mind:
Pull Down Faucets:
- It has a higher arch, which means you can fit bigger pots, higher pitchers and so on under it.
- It is easier to grab. It feels more natural to pull down and more comfortable.
- On the con side, because it is higher, this can lead to more splashing action than you’d like.
Pull Out Faucets:
- It doesn’t have a high arch, the faucets pulls right towards you.
- Better for smaller spaces.
- It doesn’t splash.
- On the con side, it doesn’t fit tall pots or pitchers.
Which Is Better? A Pull Down or a Pull Out Faucet?
Like we’ve already mentioned, both serve the same purpose and are quite similar. So, how do you decide which to go for?
- It all depends on the type of work you do at your kitchen. Do you normally use big pots? Do you have a large sink that gives you bigger room for a large faucet? Then a pull down can work nicely for you.
- If you have a small working space, don’t cook for many people, have fewer dishes to clean. you’ll be perfectly happy with a pull out faucet. It’s smaller in size and gives you similar functions to a pull down faucet but more fit to your lifestyle.
It’s worth mentioning that there’s also smaller size pull down faucets that would be perfect for a smaller kitchen. Some examples of pull down or pull out kitchen faucets: