SKG vs. Omega, Which of These Slow Masticating Juicers Should You Buy?
Features of SKG Masticating Slow Juicer:
- Low speed vertical slow juicer with 60 RPM speed.
- Minimal juice oxidation
- 3-inch wide chute requires minimal to no cutting of vegetables and fruits before juicing.
- High juice yield (Orange 85-90%, Pear 78-83%, Apple 65-75%, Celery 65-70%, Carrot 42-47%). Which means less produce is needed.
- Ability to juice fruits, vegetables and leafy greens including wheatgrass.
- All parts are made of high quality TRITAN food grade anti-oxidation materials. Plastic parts are BPA-Free.
- Smart spout with cap eliminates dripping and potential mess.
- Heavy-based 16 LBS juicer with a handle that makes it easy to carry or move.
- Attachment for making sorbet.
- Available in different colors.
Features of Omega Nutrition Center Masticating Juicer:
- Low speed horizontal slow juicer with 80 RPM speed.
- Dual stage juicing process yields maximum amount of juice.
- Can juice fruit, vegetables, leafy greens and wheatgrass.
- Includes many attachments to turn the juicer into a multi-use appliance: It can create nut butters, soy milk, sorbet, pasta, grind coffee beans, mince herbs and garlic and make fresh baby food.
- Has a small chute. Cutting your ingredients in required before juicing.
- Available in different colors.
- Read our comparison of Omega J8006 vs. J8008 and NC900
What Is The Difference Between SKG vs. Omega Slow Juicers?
Image Title SKG New Generation Wide Chute Anti-Oxidation Slow Masticating Juicer (240W AC Motor, 60 RPMs, 3" Inches Big Mouth) - Vertical Masticating Cold Press Juicer Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer - Black and Chrome Feature Low Speed Minimal Oxidation Masticating Juicer - Compared with juice from centrifugal juicers, our juice is much more nutritious, tastes better and fresher, and lasts longer. Top Quality 240W AC motor with low speed of 60 RPMs (the golden ratio of force and time) - Squeezes ingredients with minimal oxidation, preserving natural taste & nutrients lost by high-speed centrifugal juicers that grind, crush, and heat (from the fast-rotating blade).
3" Inches (76MM) Big Mouth Wide Chute - can easily accommodate large produce items; has more resistances to clogging; greatly reduces preparation and cleanup time - Less chopping of the ingredients also helps to reduce oxidation, as the bigger pieces of ingredients, the harder they get oxidized.
High Juice Yield with Little Oxidation - High juice yield (Orange 85-90%, Pear 78-83%, Apple 65-75%, Celery 65-70%, Carrot 42-47%) - The strainer base and the valve provide a sealed space to hold juice during juicing to prevent oxidation. The valve should be shut during juicing.
23 LBS Heavy-Weight High-Quality Anti-Oxidation Build - All parts (the stainless steel, the silicone components and the PEI juicing screw) are made of high quality TRITAN food grade anti-oxidation materials. The product is certified by FDA, UL, ETL, GS, CE, and ROHS. - Sleek Design and Piano Varnish - Sturdy handle for easy moving and cleaning of the 23 lbs heavy-weight juicer - Comes in a premium quality gift box.
For Amazon customers, this product comes with 1-Month Free Trial & 2-Year Warranty (all parts are included) & Extended 10-Year Warranty for the motor and the main body. When the 2-Year Warranty expires, you can still buy all parts from us at discounted prices to go along with the Extended 10-Year Warranty. Spare parts with deep discounts are available at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01935EOSQ
Easy-to-use masticating juicer with powerful motor
Low speed of 80 RPMs; no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up with 110 volt
High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing
Dual-stage juicing system; quiet operation; UL- and cUL-approved
Measures 14-1/2 by 6-1/2 by 15-1/2 inches; 15-year warranty. The juicer screen is already installed in the juicer.
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- As an appliance, both SKG and Omega are the same, they are slow juicer (also known as masticating juicers). However, SKG works with a slower speed than the Omega, 60 RPM vs. 80 RPM. Which means, the SKG will yield more juice with less oxidation.
- Design wise, the SKG is a vertical juicer, which means it takes less counter top space. The Omega is a horizontal juicer that could take up a lot of space on your counter top, and it’s certainly harder to stash away.
- The SKG has a wide 3” chute, which means, you don’t have to cut your ingredients to small pieces before hand, eliminating the dreaded prep time. The Omega juicer has a small chute that requires you cut down your ingredients before hand.
- One of the biggest advantages an Omega juicer has is the fact that it is a multi-purpose appliance. It’s not only a juicer, but thanks to its attachments, it can make nut butters, nut milks, it can make pasta, grind coffee beans and more. The SKG is mainly a juicer only, but has an attachment for turning frozen fruit into a delicious sorbet.
- The spout on the SKG has a cap that keeps any juice from dripping. The Omega juicer does not have this, so you should expect some counter space mess and juice dripping.
Which One To Buy?
Of course, like we always say, the ultimate choice is yours to make. But we like to point out a few things to help you out with your decision:
- At first glance, you might think that the Omega gives you a lot of value for your money because of its multi-functionality. But do you really need all these functions out of your juicer? It’s all great and can be helpful for finishing up tasks in your kitchen, but also, using the same appliance for many different tasks could lead to a shorter lifespan of that appliance.
- The SKG Juicer, although it’s nearly at the same price as the Omega, but can only function as juicer, has a better built and more modern design. It is slow, so it yields more juice, and because of its large chute, there’s little to no prep time. So you’ll be saving in your grocery shopping, save on prep time and do less clean up.
Review of SKG Slow Juicer:
Review of Omega J8006 Juicer: