Which Is The Best Wireless Digital Thermometer For Cooking?
If you’ve ever stepped out the kitchen for what feels like a second, but come back to find your meat has burned and your entire meal plan ruined, then you know how useful a wireless digital thermometer can be. In fact, it’s quite safe to say that it is an absolute must! So, which wireless cooking thermometer would suit you best?
Top Rated Wireless Digital Thermometers:
Ivation Long Range Wireless Digital Thermometer Set:
- Long rage wireless set for monitoring BBQ, oven, smoker and grill.
- Monitors from 300 feet away.
- Wireless LCD receiver beeps and flashes when your meat goes over the desired temperature.
- Receiver also alerts you when meat goes below your programmed range.
- Receiver displays temperature up to 572F.
- Back light for night use.
- Includes a count up/down timer.
- Set includes 2 probes for monitoring outer and internal temperature.
Oregon Scientific AW131 Talking Wireless BBQ/Oven Thermometer:
- Talking wireless transmitter, can be set to one of five languages: English, Spanish, German, French, and Danish
- Alerts you when meat is ready, according to your desired doneness.
- Monitors from 330 feet away.
- Programmable entrée programs include beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish
- Includes a single probe.
- Monitors temperature from 32F to 572F.
Maverick ET733 Long Range Wireless Digital Thermometer Set:
- Wireless receive features a large LCD display to include more information.
- Preset with 15 programs for different type of meat.
- Includes 2 probes.
- Monitors from 300 feet away.
- Alerts when meat goes above or below programmed temperature.
- Receiver also alerts you if you’ve stepped out of range and lost signal.
- All presets can be reprogrammed as you’d like.
Maverick ET733 vs. Maverick ET732, What’s The Difference?
The Maverick ET732 is an older version of the ET733. The ET733 (pictured above on the list) has the following upgrades:
- A larger screen displays both the target-high and target-low temperatures as well as current temperatures.
- Preset programs for 15 different meat and poultry, can be reprogrammed.
- Temperature settings can be adjusted simply by hitting Hi or Lo buttons on the receiver.
Ivation vs. Maverick, Which Is Best?
Both of these brands offer you the same range of 300-feet, however, we feel that the Maverick ET733 is certainly a better choice for its larger display, and its pre-sets. The thermometer has pre-set programs that you can choose depending on the type of meat (15 programs total) and they can all be reprogrammed again.
Ivation IVAWT738 Dual Probe Long Range Wireless Thermometer:
The Maverick ET733 has been rebranded to the Ivation IVAWT738 and it has a few upgrade available:
- It has a long wireless range of 325-foot.
- 2 hybrid probes allow you to monitor two things at once. 2 foods, 2 BBQ, or 1 BBQ and 1 Food
- Backlit large display.
- It fits right in your pocket or clips to your belt.
This, and many features that the Maverick ET733 has.
Which Wireless Digital Thermometer Should You Buy?
Our first pick would be the Ivation IVAWT738 (the upgraded version of the Maverick ET733) for its large screen and 15 presets which should take a lot of the guess work out of the way. Also, having 2 probes instead of 1 is a great way to keep an eye on the temperature of your oven/BBQ and not just the meat. Not to mention, it has the longest range of 325-feet. Your second choice should be the Ivation Thermometer, it doesn’t have the large screen or pre-sets of the Maverick’s, but it does have 2 probes, and since there’s almost no major difference in price between the two units, we’ll still recommend the Maverick over the Ivation and Oregon Scientific units.
Watch How It Works: