Best Electric Tea Maker Comparisons: Breville vs. Cuisinart vs. Chefman vs. Mr Coffee
Choosing the right product for your need can be quite difficult, especially when all products look the same and are all highly rated. When it comes to electric tea makers, the task is still a little confusing. The first question that comes to mind is, is there actually a difference between an electric kettle and an electric tea maker? The answer is yes, there’s quite a difference. You can read our full answer here.
The other thing is, the rather wide range in prices for seemingly similar products. Why are some electric kettles over $200 and others under a $100? Is the most expensive necessarily the best? This is what we’ll try to get down to in this comparison post. We’ll look at the features of the best rated electric tea makers to help you understand which is possibly the right one for you.
Products In This Comparison
- Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker
- Cuisinart 2 in 1 PerfecTemp Tea Steeper and Kettle
- Chefman Digital Tea Maker and Kettle With Precision Temperature Control
- Mr. Coffee Premium Hot Tea Kettle with Precision Steeping.
Features of Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
- Fully automated steeping. The tea basket automatically moves down then up for precise tea infusing.
- Moving tea basket allows water to circulate freely around the individual tea leaves for maximum infusion.
- Variable temperature settings for each tea type.
- Eliminates the guess work with pre-sets for temperature and steep time for each tea type. Can be reprogrammed or overridden to your taste.
- Choose from Strong, Medium, Mild or Custom taste profiles.
- Tea types: Green, Black, White, Oolong, Herbal, Custom.
- Auto Start timer allows you to wake up to your favorite brew ready.
- Can be used to boil water only.
- 60 minutes Keep Warm function.
- LCD display clearly shows you all your settings and options.
- German-made Schott glass kettle is durable and stain resistant
- 1.5 L capacity.
Cuisinart 2 in 1 PerfecTemp Tea Maker and Kettle
- Automatic tea maker with 1L tea capacity or 1.2L water capacity.
- Includes 6 pre-set temperatures for Delicate, Green, White, Oolong, Herbal, Black.
- Tea basket has to be added to water manually.
- 30-minute Keep warm function
- Countdown steeping timer can be adjusted according to taste.
- Can boil hot water.
- No custom settings.
- No auto-start.
Features of Chefman Digital Tea Maker
- Tea kettle with precision temperature control
- Manual selection for temperature settings.
- Manually insert tea filter for infusion.
- Temperature range: 120F to 212F.
- 1.7L capacity.
- 60-minute Keep Warm function.
- Can boil water.
Mr. Coffee Premium Hot Tea Kettle
- Premium quality kettle for tea and water boiling.
- Choose from 5 pre-set settings: Green, White, Oolong, Black/Herbal and Boil.
- Custom steep time allows you to steep the tea longer.
- 1.2L capacity.
- Manual tea basket insertion.
- 60-minute keep warm function.
- Available in 3 color options.
What Is The Difference Between These Electric Tea Makers? And Which One Is Best?
If you’ve read the features of all the tea makers above, you’ll find they’re all quite similar in features and design, but some stand out more than others.
- The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker is the only truly automated tea maker out of the bunch. It is the only tea maker that automatically inserts and raises the tea filter without you doing anything but pushing a button. What does this mean for you? It means you can actually step away from the tea maker to do other things while your tea is being automatically prepared at the right time and temperature. While with other tea makers, you have to wait for the water to reach the right temperature first, insert the tea basket and set the timer yourself. This is a huge advantage for the Breville One-Touch. Another advantage for the Breville is its custom settings. Although it has pre-sets different tea types, it still allows you to override them and enter your own temperature and timer settings. Let’s not forget that the Breville is the only tea maker with auto start function. Yes, it can make you tea while you’re still in bed!
- Mr Coffee and Cuisinart Tea makers also have pre-sets on them, which is quite convenience. But these temperature settings cannot be changed.
- The Chefman Tea Maker allows you to freely choose from different temperature settings in a range of 10 settings that increase in 10-degree increments. However, you have to know what temperature is the right one for the type of tea you’re making.
- The Keep Warm function is a great feature for holding the temperature of your tea so you can enjoy it for a longer time. Fortunately, all tea makers listed above have this feature. And all of them hold the temperature for up to 60 minutes, except for the Cuisinart which holds it for 30 minutes.
Which Automatic Tea Maker Is Best To Buy?
It looks like, in the case of these automatic tea makers, the most expensive one is the best. We’re talking about the Breville One-Touch, of course. It comes with a hefty price, but it offers features that are twice as powerful, too:
- When it says Automatic tea brewing, it really means it. It’s the only one with automatic insertion and removal of tea filter. This also allows it to automatically start brewing process at any time you give it.
- It takes the guess work out of tea making with pre sets for each tea type, that includes temperature and steep time settings. And they can all be reprogrammed to your taste.
- It has Taste settings (Strong, Medium, Mild), this basically refers to steep time, but it is easier for you to choose how you want your tea to taste and the tea maker will automatically set the timer to achieve the desired taste.
If the Breville One-Touch happens to be out of your budget, our second recommendation will be the Mr. Coffee Hot Tea Maker, because:
- It has the same high-quality glass as the Breville.
- It has pre-set temperatures for tea types, although they cannot be customized.
- You can however customize the steep time to control the strength of your tea.
Are There Any Plastic Parts In These Automated Tea Makers?
- Many people are concerned over plastic parts that come in contact with hot liquid in many appliances, tea makers are no exception.
- All tea makers featured above have some plastic parts in them that do come in contact with the hot water (in the filter or the lid/spout). However, all of these plastics are BPA-Free.
- Unfortunately, it seems it is almost impossible to find an appliance that is fully metal or without plastic parts. But we do make sure that we feature products that are at least BPA-free (according to their manufacturers).
Unboxing and Review of Breville One-Touch Tea Maker:
How To Use Mr. Coffee Tea Maker:
Demo of the Cuisinart Tea Maker: