Breville, creator of many premium kitchen appliances, is at it again with a rather innovative and beautifully designed line called LUXE. This line includes two products so far, a smart kettle and a toaster. This post is going to be about the Breville Luxe toaster and if it’s worth its premium price.
Features of Breville ‘The Toast Select’ Luxe Toaster
- 6 preset toast types the toast select luxe with 6 bread settings - white, brown, grain, fruit, rye and crumpet adjusts the toasting time for each type of bread.
- 2-Slice capacity larger artisanal bread, Thick bagels and dense pastries demand wider slots, so we answered the call.
- Variable browning control toast to your ideal browness level while the LED indicates your Browning progress.
- Innovative auto features 1-touch 'a bit more' And 'lift & look' Functions are derived directly from your feedback and makes for flawless toasting.
- Easy cleaning No need to ever lift when cleaning. Just pull out the front crumb tray and tip it into the dustbin.
One of the things that sets this toaster apart from other Breville Toasters is the Toast Select feature. Now, selecting toast shade, or ‘brownness’, is nothing new to Breville. We’ve already seen this in their ‘A Bit More’ toaster. Actually, all toasters have this feature, so it’s certainly nothing new although results vary by brand.
What’s new though is the fact that Breville toasters take the type of bread you’re toasting into consideration as the type of bread as well as its thickness affect the browning process.
With the Luxe Toaster, you have six presets to choose from:
white, fruit, brown, grain, rye and crumpet.
As for brownness, you can select from 6 different shades.
How Does It Work?
It is quite simple. Select the type of bread then select your desired brownness setting. Once you’ve selected your settings, the toaster will do its magic.
Now let’s say you’ve changed the type of bread you’re toasting, what happens is the toaster will automatically adjust the temperature to get you the same browning results, without having to change the toasting level.
So one of the great things about this toaster is, you don’t have to adjust the brownness level to match the type of bread you’re using, which was the case with previous toasters. Selecting a browning level will get you the result that match your selected bread type.
These two innovative features are in all of Breville’s smart toasters:
- ‘A Bit More’, which is just what it sounds like. If you want your bread toasted just a bit more, you can do it with just a touch of button. It adds a little time to your toasting cycle, so it doesn’t start over and burn your bread.
- Lift and Look, another rather self-explanatory feature, allows you to lift and look at your bread mid-cycle so you can see its progress.
Pros of the Breville Luxe Toaster:
This toaster has really great capabilities to give you the perfect piece of toast, no matter what type of bread you like. It has settings for a wide range of bread types and enough browning levels to choose from. Features like Bit More and Lift and Look will offer additional help to get you the exact results you want.
The design of the toaster is absolutely beautiful. The brushed stainless steel finish, rotary selector and chrome accents give it an upscale look that you’ll love to have on your countertop.
Cons of the Breville Luxe Toaster:
For the price, it’s a shame that it only has a two-slice capacity. The slots are about 5.5″ in depth, according to Breville. It will accommodate most square or rounded bread slices, but it wouldn’t fit long cuts of bread.
With such premium price, you’d expect it to be designed to fit more slices or that they’d consider longer types of bread.
Is Breville Luxe Toaster Worth Its Price?
This is a hard question to answer, as value is a subjective thing. Overall, I’d say the Breville Luxe Toaster has some really nice features, they could be available in some other brands, but not as nearly as smart or beautiful in design as this one.
It’s a total shame about the capacity though. I’m not happy that the slots aren’t long enough or that they only accommodate two slices. However, I know people use their toasters differently, so if capacity isn’t an issue for you here, then this toaster is totally worth a try.
Best Alternative To Breville Luxe Toaster
- NOTE : Bagel mode has a feature that activates additional heat to the middle heating elements to perfectly toast the insides of cut bagel without burning the outside
- NOTE : It is normal for the outside heating elements to appear off or on a lower power during the bagel setting
- NOTE : Kindly check the User Manual which is available below for referece
- LED toasting progress indicator. Voltage- 110- 120 volts
- 4 Slice long slot capacity for larger artisanal bread, thick bagels and dense pastries
Breville’s BTA830XL Die-Cast smart toaster would make a great alternative to the Luxe model if you’d prefer something with more capacity.
Although it does not have the same customization capability as the Luxe, this toaster does have variable settings such as a special selector for frozen bread or bagel. It has 4 slice capacity, which means it can allow accommodate long bread cuts. It has Breville’s famous ‘Bit More’ and ‘Lift and Look’ features, too.
The Die-cast housing of this toaster gives it a sleek design that is also very durable and easy to clean.
I’ve been a fan of Airfryers ever since they came out. Using an Airfryer has helped me a lot in cutting down the calories and enjoying what would usually be fried food, guilt-free.
However, capacity has always been an issue. While there are now some large capacity air fryers, you still have to put all your food in the same single basket, even if they have different cook time. And if you want to prepare several food in large capacity, that would mean you’ll have to cook them back to back.
Ninja has introduced an air fryer design that might just be the answer to these problems. The Ninja Foodi DZ201 Airfryer has TWO separate cooking baskets, with two individual temperature and control options. Which means, you can cook two different things at the same time, but set time and temperature for each one individually.
Features of Ninja Foodi 2-Basket Air Fryer
- The first air fryer with 2 independent baskets that lets you cook 2 foods, 2 ways, at the same time, not back to back like a traditional single-basket air fryer
- DualZone Technology features Smart Finish feature for cooking 2 foods 2 ways that finish at the same time, and a Match Cook button to easily copy settings across zones for full 8-qt capacity
- 6 customizable programs: Air Fry, Air Broil, Roast, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate
- XL 8-quart air fryer capacity lets you fit mains and sides at the same time for making quick family meals, or up to 4 lbs. of French fries or chicken wings
- 2 independent 4-quart zones have their own cooking baskets, cyclonic fans, and rapid heaters
The selling point of this air fryer is the two baskets, without a doubt. As I write this, there are no other air fryers in the market with two independent baskets. And not only that, but each basket has it’s own custom time and temperature settings. This is very handy for anyone who has ever used an air fryer to prepare an entire meal and had to wait for each food item to finish to start the next one.
The Ninja Foodi DZ201 has 6 preset functions:
Air fry, Air broil, Roast, Bake, Reheat and Dehydrate.
Each of these settings will optimize the time and temperature to perform the selected function. An option called ‘Smart Finish’ syncs the cook times for each basket so even if you’re cooking foods that require different cooking times, the Smart Finish will sync them to finish at the same time and still be cooked thoroughly.
The air fryer has an 8-qt capacity, 4-qt for each basket. Each basket can hold up to 4lbs of fries or wings.
The baskets are metal and have non-stick coating. This makes them fully dishwasher safe. However, hand-washing them would extend their usability.
How Does Ninja Foodi 6 in 1, 2 Basket Air Fryer Compare To Other Ninja Air Fryers?
To start, the biggest difference is that the Ninja Foodi DZ201 is the only air fryer with two independent baskets. The other models have the traditional single basket design.
When it comes to capacity, the Ninja Foodi DZ201 has the largest capacity at 8 qrts, split in two. So that’s 4 qrts for each basket. Followed by the Ninja Max XL with 5.5 qrts then the Ninja Air fryer with 4 quart capacity.
Functions and presets are also different in each model. The Ninja Max Air Fryer has the most functions, actually, one additional function: Max Crisp. This function cranks up the temperature to 450F, that’s the hottest a Ninja air fryer can reach. If you like your food to be extra crispy, this function does just that. Of course, with the other air fryers, if the food cooks longer, it would get just as crispy, too. The idea of Max Crisp is that is crisps food in less time.
Which One To Buy?
If you plan on using your air fryer to cook multiple foods, the dual baskets are your best pick so you can cook two things at the same time instead of one at a time. And although the Ninja Foodi DZ201 has the largest capacity at 8 qrts, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s split in two. Each basket holding up to 4 lbs of food. This is still great capacity, but it would also depend on what you need.
If the two-basket design is of no interest to you, then your pick is between the Ninja Max XL and Ninja Air Fryer. The Max XL, as the name indicates, has a 5.5 qrts capacity, which holds up to 3 lbs of food. This is considered large in terms of single basket design, as it’s definitely smaller than the Ninja Foodi 2-basket air fryer. The Max XL is also the only air fryer by Ninja that reaches 450F using the Max Crisp function.
The Ninja Air Fryer with 4 qrt capacity would be a good choice for basic cooking tasks and for a single person use or a small family.
What Is A Baker’s Rack And What Is It Used For?
A Baker’s rack is a kind of storage piece of furniture that is quite versatile. Although the name ‘Baker’s Rack’ implies that it is a tool used by bakers only, it’s not. Perhaps at some point, it used to be a space where bakers kept their baking tools and materials at hands reach, but not anymore. Baker’s racks are very useful for organizing so many things around the house and not just the kitchen, but it’s still popular for kitchen use.
Baker’s racks are now available in so many designs that make it functional to organize large or small items. They’re especially useful in small kitchens or small spaces in general as they can have multiple shelves and baskets that help you store things vertically. Smaller baker’s racks are ideal to use in any room, hallway or even in living rooms. They’re also a popular choice for a coffee bar or station. Larger racks would not look at good in any room, so they’d be a better choice for larger kitchens, pantry or storage rooms.
What To Put in a Baker’s Rack?
You can store whatever you want in them. They’re great for organizing small items, some appliances, kitchen tools and accessories, bathroom accessories. How you use it and where to put it will depend on the size and design of your baker’s rack. Which brings me to our next question…
What To Look For in a Baker’s Rack?
Before deciding on a baker’s rack, you need to know exactly what you will use it for:
Is it to organize your kitchen tools? Will you be using it to keep appliances? Is it purely for decor?
What room will you put it in? This will certainly affect your choice of materials and style.
What size do you need? It’s best to measure the space where you’re going to put the racks. Getting the wrong size will only contribute to your problem of lack of space. A smaller baker’s rack can still pack a lot of things in it without taking much space in your room.
Weight Capacity: If you’re planning to put heavy items on your rack, then make sure it can hold the weight.
Best Baker’s Rack for Microwave and Toaster Oven:
- 〖4-tier Storage Space〗: 3-tier shelves and 1 top shelf provide ample space for you to store your kitchenware such as microwave oven, pot, plates and food etc. Well-designed distance between each tier is high enough to accommodate big stuff. And the movable 5 S-shaped hooks for additional space to hang cooking spoons or kitchen towels.
- 〖Fine Craftsmanship〗: Manufactured with P2 standard MDF with melamine cover and PVC margin-wrapping device, this microwave rack with steel tube supporting can hold up to 129lbs.It is a great choice to be your Microwave Stand, Baker's Rack, kitchen island, Spice Rack Organizer and kitchen storage shelf.
- 〖Space-saving Kitchen Organizer〗: Multi-layer design allows your messy objects to own their place. And the floor area is merely 35.5”(L)×16”(W) which won’t take up much space, but has four separated tier with a movable wire basket, which greatly classify your daily objects.
- 〖Multipurpose Freestanding Shelf〗: The elegant and well-crafted appearance will add the distinctive flavor, elegance and balance to your décor and can harmonize with any other furniture in any room. Can be use as bookshelf, office storage shelf in your home.
- 〖Easy to Assemble〗: All parts and accessories are clearly listed on the instruction. Specific assembly steps are given for your reference. If you get any problem while assembling, the customer service is ready to help you..
If you want your baker’s rack mainly to put a microwave or a toaster oven (a long with other things, of course), then you’ll want a rack that will be able to hold the weight.
This 4-tier baker’s rack by Giantex has been rated best as a microwave/oven rack. It’s made from sturdy materials that were tested to hold up to 129 lbs. Also, the different tiers were designed with enough space to accommodate larger items such as a microwave or an oven.
- Top shelf perfect for holding spices or smaller items.
- Pull-out basket.
- Five hooks for holding kitchen utensils.
- Adjustable feet with security pads to keep the racks even and securely in place, even if the ground is uneven.
- Available in two colors: Brown/Black or Beige/White.
- Dimensions: 35.5”L×16″W×54.5″H
Best Industrial Heavy Duty Kitchen Rack:
- ♧【Extremely Durable】:This storage shelf was made of heavy duty steel and coated with Eco-friendly, metal rack have excellent rust resistance. Weight limit of each wire shelving unit is 350 pounds, and the total weight limit of the whole shelf is 2100 pounds when equally distributed on feet levelers. Storage shelf metal rack wire unit
- ♧【Large Capacity】: The diameter of the storage rack is 82"x48"x18". The metal frame is large enough to hold a lot of things, the shelving unit is a good helper to keep the space clean and tidy, you can freely adjust the height of each garage rack. Unit rack storage shelf metal wire
- ♧【Easy to Assemble】：Storage shelf design is simple enough that assembly is very easy, no assembly tool is needed when you assemble the Metal Rack, Wire Shelving Unit can handle quickly even you assemble it alone. Metal shelf unit storage rack wire
- ♧【Commercial Casters】: The flexible wheels make storage shelf easy to move the whole metal rack quick for cleaning the floor around the wire shelving unit, even with the fully stocked, If you want it to be fixed in one place, it can meet your requirements. Because it have a stationary device. Rack wire shelf storage unit metal
- ♧【What You Will Got】We guarantee that you will like this metal storage rack. If you are not satisfied with this storage rack, please contact us and we will be happy to give you a 100% refund! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Unit rack storage shelf metal wire
An industrial, or commercial grade shelving unit is a large capacity unit that can hold really heavy items and is usually extremely durable. This storage solution isn’t the best choice for small spaces obviously. However, if you have a space dedicated for storage (an empty room, pantry or garage), or your kitchen is large enough, this storage unit should be great.
On the down side, as much as industrial racks are functional, they usually lack a nice design. But no one buys heavy duty racks for their looks really, it is a thing to keep in mind though.
Features of this industrial rack:
- Large weight capacity: it can hold up to 350 lbs per shelf when on feet levers. And 220 lbs per shelf when on wheels.
- Commercial grade canister wheels for easy repositioning and moving.
- Made from durable steel pipes with heavy-duty chrome finish.
- Height of shelves can be adjusted.
- Adjustable feet to secure and even the placement of the shelves.
- Maximum weight capacity: 500 lbs.
- Dimensions: 48″L x 18″W x78″H (With stationary feet)
- Dimensions: 48″L x 18″W x82″H (With Wheels)
Best Baker’s Rack for General Use:
- Kitchen baker’s rack provides heavy-duty stylish storage space
- Made of durable, gleaming, chrome-plated steel with a removable wood top (16mm)
- 3 full shelves, 1 half shelf, and a hanging bar; height of shelves and hanging bar adjusts in 1-inch increments
- Includes 4 removable chrome hooks; 270-pound total weight capacity; easy assembly—no tools required
- Measures 14 by 36 by 63.4 inches; weighs 32 pounds
If you’re looking for a general use baker’s rack with an affordable price, then look no further than Amazonbasics Baker’s Rack.
Featuring 4-tier shelves, with the middle shelf holding a removable wood top. This wood surface gives you an additional area in your kitchen to use as a cutting board, preparation area or a display area. The steel bar holds 4 metal hooks that use can use to organize kitchen utensils or other small items.
Total weight capacity of this shelving unit is 270 lbs. Dimensions are: 14 by 36 by 63.4 inches and weighs 32 pounds.
Buying a new sink for your kitchen is one of those decisions that you research for a while before deciding on one. A kitchen sink is quite a commitment. It’s something you’ll use for a long time and it’s not the type of thing you change often. So making the right decision is crucial here.
There are so many type of kitchen sinks out there. So many designs and so many materials to choose from. And since you’ve landed on this page, I would say you’re settled on a Workstation design for your kitchen sink.
In this post, I will be talking about what Workstation kitchen sinks are, which are the best and how each brand compares to the other. All information that will help you pick the right sink for you.
What Is a Workstation Kitchen Sink?
Whether you are cooking your favorite meal, making a quick snack or preparing a holiday meal… there are a lot of tasks to go through. Cutting ingredients, washing vegetables and fruit, washing pots, plates or tools. A Workstation allows you to do all of these tasks in one place, the sink. Thus, eliminating mess all over your kitchen, saving up countertop space and keeps you organized.
Workstation sinks have a smart design that allows you to place accessories on the ledge of the sink, making them integrated to the sink’s design and allow you to do everything right over the sink. They’re usually available in many different sizes and come with various accessories to suit your need. Also depending on the brand, they’re available as either undermount, drop in or farmhouse style sinks.
Best Rated Workstation Kitchen Sinks:
Krause KORE Workstation Sink:
- DIMENSIONS: 30 in. L x 19 in. W x 10 in. D; Minimum Cabinet Size: 33 in.
- WORKSTATION SINK with integrated ledge allows you to slide custom accessories across the sink to streamline meal prep and cleanup without losing space on the kitchen counter – 5-PIECE CHEF’S KIT INCLUDES: ROLL-UP DISH DRYING RACK perfect for rinsing produce, drying dishes, and protecting countertops from hot items; BAMBOO CUTTING BOARD won’t crack or warp, resists odors and bacteria; DISH GRID, STRAINER and DRAIN COVER
- SPACIOUS SINGLE BOWL: Deep sink with tight-radius corners and offset drain creates an uninterrupted workspace for washing your largest cookware, like stock pots and baking sheets – Undermount INSTALLATION creates a seamless transition from sink to countertop – SMART DESIGN adds valuable counter space by allowing you to work right over the sink, perfect for a kitchen of any size
- HEAVY-DUTY 16 GAUGE STEEL – Made with TRU16, the thickest stainless steel on the market, this workhorse of a sink is highly resistant to corrosion and dents – RUST-RESISTANT FINISH is easy to clean and will not dull from daily use – STAINLESS STEEL BOTTOM GRID protects sink surface and keep dishes elevated for optimal draining.DO NOT use any abrasive material, such as a scouring pad, brush, or steel wool, to clean the surface of your Kraus product
- ENGINEERED FOR EASY DRAINING with offset drain, gently sloped bottom, and channel grooves that prevent water from pooling in the sink – FULLY INSULATED with proprietary NOISEDEFEND SOUNDPROOFING, including extra-thick pads and protective undercoating that absorb noise and vibration when sink is in use
Available Sizes: varies from 17 inch to 45 inch depending on style.
Available styles: Undermount, Drop in, Farmhouse
Material: Stainless Steel
Included Accessories: pack of 5
Additional Accessories? Yes, available for purchase separately.
Krause is no stranger to high quality kitchen fixtures. Krause Kore Workstation is a single bowl stainless steel sink available in many spacious sizes. The ledges allows you to slide custom accessories (included) to streamline all your tasks from prepping to cleaning.
The sink comes with 5 premium accessories:
- Roll up dish drying rack: you can use this to wash produce, drip dry cups or dishes or you can move it to your countertop to place under hot pots.
- Bamboo cutting board: a cutting board made from the best material, bamboo. Bamboo is not prone to crack, very resistant to bacteria and this integrated design allows you to cut, dice and chop right over your sink.
- Stainless steel grid and strainer: the grid is placed inside the sink to elevate dishes. This is beneficial for either draining dishes or pots better inside the sink, or to protect the sink from any item that might scratch it. The strainer is great for catching any left over food or debris.
- Drain Cover: this cover conceals the drain assembly and gives your sink a seamless look. It fits over garbage disposals and it drains water easily thanks to the open sides.
If you feel like a single bowl is not enough for your use, the Krause Kore is also available in a double bowl design. It includes one dish drying rack, one bamboo board, two stainless steel grids and strainers and two drain covers.
Ruvati Workstation Ledge Kitchen Sink:
- WORKSTATION sink with single-tier track - Overhanging lips on the front and back act as a track for sliding the built-in accessories | Includes solid wood CUTTING BOARD, deep STAINLESS STEEL COLANDER, and dish-drying roll-up rack that slide on the ledges converting your sink to a workspace
- 16 GAUGE Premium T-304 Grade Stainless Steel (18/10 Chromium/Nickel) will never rust or stain | Commercial grade BRUSHED FINISH - Easy to clean and long-lasting. Unlike satin finish, our brushed-finish hides scratches and matches well with your kitchen appliances
- Heavy duty SOUND GUARD UNDERCOATING and THICK RUBBER PADDING to minimize noise and reduce condensation | Sloped bottom with grooves to allow complete water drainage | | zEDGE zero Radius - sharp inside corners for a resolutely modern look
- Exterior dimensions: 32" (wide) x 19" (front-to-back) | Interior bowl dimension: 30-1/2" (wide) x 16" (front-to-back) x 10" (bowl depth) | Standard 3.5" drain openings will fit any garbage disposal unit
- Included in box: Sink, Cutting Board, Bottom Rinse Grid, Basket Strainer Drain, Cutout Template, Mounting Clips and Installation Guide | Limited Lifetime Warranty - Ruvati USA
Sizes: 15 to 45 inches
Styles: Undermount, Farmhouse or Drop in
Material: Stainless Steel
Included Accessories: 5
Additional Accessories? No.
Another beautiful workstation sink, this time from Italian brand, Ruvati. Although it serves the same as the Krause sink, it is more premium in its design (and price).
The Ruvati sink includes:
- Roll-up drying rack.
- A solid wood cutting board, which is a step up from bamboo. Solid wood cutting boards is more durable and handles liquids better.
- Deep stainless steel coriander: great for washing and draining produce.
- It also includes a stainless steel grid for bottom draining or protecting as well as a drain strainer.
Just like the Krause Kore, if yo feel like the Ruvati single bowl is not enough for you, there’s a double bowl design available, too.
Ruvati Double-Tiered Workstation Sink:
- TWO-TIERED tracks - Overhanging ledges on the front and back provide two levels of tracks for sliding the built-in accessories. UPPER track sits 1/4" below the rim and the LOWER track sits 2" below the upper track.
- 16 GAUGE Premium T-304 Grade Stainless Steel (18/10 Chromium/Nickel) will never rust or stain | Commercial grade BRUSHED FINISH - Easy to clean and long-lasting.
- Heavy duty SOUND GUARD UNDERCOATING and THICK RUBBER PADDING to minimize noise and reduce condensation | Bottom of the sink engineered for PERFECT WATER DRAINAGE - features a 1" slope from one end of the sink towards the drain.
- Exterior dimensions: 33-1/2" (wide) x 19" (front-to-back) | Interior bowl dimension: 32" (wide) x 14-5/8" (front-to-back) x 10" (bowl depth) | MINIMUM BASE CABINET Size: 36" | Standard 3.5" drain opening will fit any garbage disposal unit
- Included in box: Sink, reversible Cutting Board / Tray, Wood Platform with Mixing Bowl, Pasta Strainer and Grater attachments, Deep Colander, Foldable Drying Rack, Bottom Rinse Grid, Basket Strainer Drain assembly, Decorative Drain Cover, cut-out template and mounting brackets | Limited Lifetime Warranty - Ruvati USA
If you want to expand the functionality of your sink even more, Ruvati offers a double-tiered sink that holds even more accessories.
Available in three sizes: 33, 45 and 57 inch
Material: Stainless steel
Included accessories: 10
The two tier rims allows for more accessories to slide on the sink at the same time. And of course, this type of sink includes even more accessories:
- Reversible cutting board/ tray made of solid hardwood.
- Wood platform that fits in a mixing bowl, pasta strainer or grater… all included.
- Deep colander.
- Foldable drying rack.
- Bottom grid.
- Basket strainer.
- Decorative drain cover.
KOHLER Prolific Workstation Sink:
- SINK SIZING: 33" x 17 3/4"
- MINIMUM CABINET BASE WIDTH: 33" to 36" minimum cabinet base width, if doing 33", modifications to current cabinet may be required
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Sink includes a bamboo cutting board, grated racks, wash bin and colander which are great for draining pasta or defrosting meat.
- KITCHEN WORKSPACE: The sinks grated ledges allows you to place your accessories at your desired height to create your own personal kitchen workspace
- PREMIUM STEEL MATERIAL: 18 gauge stainless steel is strong enough to withstand your every day use to last a lifetime. Drain hole:3 3/4 inches
Available sizes: 23 to 44 inch
Material: Stainless steel
Included Accessories: 4
Additional Accessories? No
The KOHLER Prolific is the highest end and most expensive of all listed workstation sinks featured here. Yet, it has the least amount of accessories. What gives it an edge over the other?
The Prolific can be the most functional out of them thanks to the fact that it has three level of rims, so you can place your accessories at three multiple levels.
Although it is made of 18 gauge stainless steel, which is less in thickness than the previously listed models.
The Kohler sink includes: a bamboo cutting board, two grated racks for holding up dishes to dry and it can also support heavy pots or pans. It also includes a wash bin and a colander. It does NOT include a bottom grid like other sinks, however, you most likely won’t need it as you can dry your plates/pots on the included grated racks.
How To Choose The Right Workstation Sink for Your Kitchen?
So which of these top rated sinks to go for? There are a few things to keep in mind before picking one…
Size: this is an obvious one. Before buying your sink, make sure you see that it matches the sink space in your kitchen. Each sink size tells you the exact cabinet base width needed to fit, so read the specifications carefully.
Installation Method: Undermount or drop in? Which style would you prefer or which fits your kitchen? Krause Kore and Ruvati have all styles available. Kohler Prolific only available in undermount installation.
Included Accessories: Do the accessories included with your chosen sink fit your needs? In this case, only Krause allows you to expand the use of your sink even more with additional accessories you can buy. However, how many of these additional accessories you can use at the same time will depend on the size of the sink you choose. Kohler Prolific, although it does not have additional accessories to buy, it is the most functional due to its three level setup and will give you enough room to organize the included accessories in a better way. If you’re looking for the most premium accessories, then look no further than Ruvati.
What Is The Best Grade Stainless Steel for Kitchen Sinks? 16 vs 18 Gauge Stainless Steel:
The term Gauge is a unit name that refers to the percentage of chromium and nickel in the steel. So if you read a metal product with the description ’18/10 stainless steel gauge’, this would mean that it is 18% chromium and 10% nickel.
What does this mean in terms of sinks, then?
Most high quality sinks are made with either 16 or 18 gauge stainless steel. The lower the gauge number, the thicker stainless steel. So a 16 gauge stainless steel sink is more rigid than an 18 gauge.
When used, both 18 and 16 gauge sinks are durable and you’ll hardly feel the difference. However, sometimes you can hear the difference. A 16 gauge sink is quiet when something is dropped inside of it (since it’s thicker).
Which gauge do you choose? Out of these two, choose the best price for your budget, for sure. However, do not go for any number higher than 18 gauge, that’s when you’ll start to feel the difference.
With an array of blender available on the market, it is always hard to pick the right one. Ninja has a wide range of blenders to choose from. However, Foodi Cold and Hot stands out with a new feature that other Ninja blenders don’t have: a heating motor that allows you to create hot soups right in the blender!
Features of Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender:
- High-speed blender with Auto IQ preset programs
- Choose from 12 programs to create smoothies, soups, frozen drinks, sauces and more.
- 1400-peak watt motor with high speed blade for ice crushing
- 800-watts heating element for creating hot soups and infused drinks.
- 64 oz glass pitcher (56 oz max cold liquid capacity).
- Preset Programs:
- Cold programs: Smoothie, Frozen Drinks, Extract Ice Cream
- Hot programs: Saute, Hearty Soup, Sauce/Dip, Smooth Soup.
- Infuse Programs: Mixer, Water, Cocktail
- Speeds: Low, Med, High
- Manual settings for blending and cooking.
- Manual Pulse.
- Automatic heated cleaning program.
What Can You Make Using Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender?
The Ninja Foodi blender is quite versatile. You can make any cold concoction: smoothies, milk shakes, margaritas… you can liquefy any fruit or vegetables for a juice-like creation or you can your frozen fruit into an ice cream. Thanks to the new heated element in the blender, you can now make hot soups (as in boiling hot) in a few minutes. You can also make drips, sauces and nut butters.
The heating element is also great for two things: sauting and infusing. How do you saute using a blender, though? The heating element in the blender will lightly heat any ingredients you add (think, garlic or onions) to bring out more flavor before you add any additional ingredients. Infusing works the same way, it using heat to bring out more flavor out of your fruit to create fruit flavored water or cocktails.
How to Clean the Pitcher:
The pitcher of the Foodi blender is not to be submerged in water, so it’s not dishwasher safe and can be tricky to wash. How do you clean it then?
Using the cleaning program you’ll add water, detergent and let the blender do the rest. Not only will it “blend” the water but will also bring it to boiling hot temperature to get rid of any tough residue. After that you’ll do a quick rinse in the sink without the need to submerge the pitcher.
Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender vs Ninja Chef High Speed Blender:
Ninja Chef is another high speed blender that does a great job of blend, crushing, pureeing and has variable speed to give you even more control over your recipes. But how does it compare to the Foodi Cold and Hot blender?
Wattage: Ninja Chef has 1500 watts motor vs. Foodi’s 1400 watts motor, so it’s more powerful.
Heating: The Ninja Chef does not have heating option.
Programs: Ninja Chef has 10 preset programs: Smoothie, extract, frozen drink, flour/mill, soup, ice cream, puree, dip/salsa, dressing, nut butter. So far, all these programs are also available in the Foodi Cold and Hot (despite having some slight different names), so both perform the same ‘Cold’ tasks. But since the Chef blender doesn’t have a heating motor, it is missing programs like Saute, Infuse or Hearty Soup.
Manual Controls: Ninja Chef has 10 manual mode speeds with variable speed control for more customization and control over your recipes. Ninja Foodi has 6 manual modes with 3 speeds only.
Total Crushing Blades: Ninja Foodi blender features Ninja’s Total Crushing blades, so expect it to perform a better job with ice and frozen ingredients.
Personal Size Cups: Ninja Chef is compatible with personal size blending cups allows you to create smoothies and enjoy them right out of the blending cup. Ninja Foodi is not compatible with the single-serve blending cup.
Capacity: Ninja Chef has larger capacity at 72 oz (64oz max liquid capacity). Ninja Foodi has 64 oz capacity pitcher (56 oz max liquid capacity).
Pitcher Material: Ninja Chef has a plastic pitcher while the Foodi Cold and Hot Blender has a glass pitcher.
Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot vs Vitamix:
Vitamix is one of the leading blenders out here, and has had the soup heating option since the beginning. So it’s safe to say it is quite comparable to the Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot in what they can do. But how do you choose between them?
For this comparison I choose the Vitamix 5200 blender which is their entry level model and can be compared to Ninja’s blender.
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
If Vitamix is know for one thing, then it’s the blender’s variable speed control. This model has no preset programs like the Foodi does, but it has 10 speeds and two power options to fine tune your blending speed and power and create different textures.
Like the Ninja Foodi, you can make steaming hot soups in a matter of minutes.
Using a Vitamix, you can do anything from smoothies, frozen treats, batters, dressings and dips, soups and purees, nut butters and more.
Using this Vitamix model, you can blend single cups using the right personal cup adapter. These are sold separately, though.
The Vitamix 5200 has a plastic pitcher, which many customers might not prefer to use with hot soups. But it’s BPA free and it’s the durable kind so you don’t have to worry about longevity.
One of the great things about Vitamix is that it’s engineered and still made in the USA, which is something you rarely find in an appliance company.
If you’re looking for an all in one indoor grill that is virtually smoke free, you’ve come to the right place. Ninja has come up with yet another innovation for your kitchen. An indoor grill to rule them all!
The Ninja Foodi indoor grill is full packed with features that make your daily cooking a breeze while taking your recipes to the next level. The multi-purpose grill can sear, sizzle, air fry, grill, roast, bake and dehydrate. This opens up a whole lot for you to cook using the same appliance.
The Ninja Foodi is available in two models: Ninja Foodi Grill and Ninja Foodi Pro. In this post, you’ll read about the features of each indoor grill and how they compare.
Features of Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill:
- Prepare healthy and delicious meals in no time using multiple cooking settings.
- Grill settings: low, medium, high, max. Air fry crisp, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate
- Includes different accessories to help you create the perfect recipes: Grill grate, 4-qt Crisper basket (for air frying), 6-qt capacity cooking pot.
- Temperature range goes from 105F to 500F
- Cyclonic grilling technology rapidly circulates air around food while the sizzling grill grate creates a classic char-grilled marks and flavor in your food.
- Smoke-free grilling: thanks to the temperature controlled grill grate, splatter shield and cool air zone, which work to reduce smoke.
- You can go from frozen to perfectly grilled food in 25 minutes.
- Easy to use control panel with touch button and LCD display.
- All cooking parts (grill grate, pot and basket) are dishwasher safe.
Ninja Foodi (AG301) vs. Ninja Foodi Pro (AG400), What’s The Difference?
The Ninja Foodi Pro grill has everything the Ninja Foodi Grill has. But it comes with one additional feature that every person who wants their food precisely grilled would appreciate; and that is a Smart Probe.
The Foodi Pro includes a probe that monitors the interior temperature of your food (meats) as it’s being cooked, and it automatically stops once it has reached your desired temperature. This feature would make all the difference in grills steaks, for example, as it would make it a lot easier to know when you’ve reached your desired doneness automatically. Ninja even makes it easier for you by providing a guide of the exact settings for each doneness level.
When using the probe, the grill will no longer use time as a measurement of when your food is done, but it uses temperature instead.
Other than this, both Ninja Foodi Grill and Foodi Pro are exactly the same.
Coating on the Cooking Accessories:
An important question that we usually get when reviewing any thing with nonstick attachment is, what kind of coating do these items have?
And that’s a great question to ask. Coatings are not created equal, and some wear out quite easily.
The Ninja Foodi Grill uses ceramic coating for the grill grate, crisper basket and cooking pot. Which is an excellent coating as it’s durable, cleans very easily and is dishwasher safe.
The Ninja Foodi Grill includes a 10″x10″ grilling grate, 6 qt cooking pot, 4 qt air frying basket and a cleaning brush.
The Ninja Foodi Pro Grill includes a 10″x10″ grilling grate, 6 qt cooking pot, 4 qt air frying basket, roasting rack and the smart probe. As well as a cleaning brush.
Other accessories such as a griddle tray, griddle cup, dehydrator rack or veggie tray are sold separately.
Features of Breville The Q Blender:
- Commercial grade blender designed specially for home use.
- Powerful 1800-watts motor. 186 mph blade tip speed.
- One touch programs for quick and easy food preparation.
- Different speed settings to deliver different textures.
- Auto Clean function: add water and detergent to clean the jug and blades with one touch.
- Jug capacity: 68 oz.
- Included accessories: Tamper.
- Warranty: 7 year limited warranty.
- Material: ABS
Programs and Speeds:
- One touch programs deliver optimized speeds/time to give you the best results without any guess work on your part. The Q features 4 one-touch programs to get you started: 2 smoothie programs, Pulse/ice crush that turns ice into snow and a Soup program for a fast cold-to-hot soup creation.
- Now to optimize your texture, you can select from 5 speed settings to create smooth or soft textures for anything from soup, dips, nut butters, flours, smoothies… you name it!
Features of Breville The Super Q Blender:
- Commercial grade blender for home use.
- Powerful 1800-watts motor with noise suppression technology.
- Super quick 186 mph blade tip speed.
- Includes a 68 oz jug and a 24 oz personal blender cup.
- Also includes: tamper, spatula and recipe book.
- Warranty: 10 years limited warranty.
- Material: Brushed stainless steel.
Programs and Speeds:
- The Super Q features 5 one-touch programs to help you create variety of recipes. Two programs for smoothies, pulse/ice crush program, frozen desserts function or soup function.
- The Super Q also has 12 speed settings, this allows you to optimize the texture of your ingredients even further and more precisely. You can use these speeds to create nut butters, nut and bean milks, milled flour, dips, dressings, soups, frozen treats and more.
- As the Super Q has more speeds, the controls panel makes it even easier for you to utilize this feature. It has a knob dial and an LCD display to guide you through the best speed for any task you’d like to perform. You can fine tune the speed level by turning the dial and your selection of speed will be shown on the LCD display.
What Is Difference Between The Q vs. Super Q Blenders by Breville?
Both the Q and Super Q model feature commercial grade motors that are powerful enough to give you great results. The difference comes in the speeds/programs that each model have:
The Q has 4 one-touch programs: two smoothies, one pulse/ice crush and one soup program. It also has 5 speed settings that you can go through by clicking on the button for each speed number.
The material of the base is ABS plastic.
The Super Q has one additional one-touch program (so a total of 5) called Frozen dessert. And speed wise, it has 12 speeds to select from. Selecting your speed is done by using a dial and LCD display, so it’s quite easy to use.
The Super Q also includes a personal size blender (24 oz) which is perfect for making smoothies or for blending smaller batches.
The material of the base on the Super Q is brushed stainless steel.
Another important feature that the Super Q has is the noise suppression technology, which is something you need when you have a powerful motor.
How To Keep Smoothies, Soups and Dips Fresh Longer using Breville Vac Q Attachment:
One of the great things about the Q and Super Q blender is that they’re both compatible with Breville’s high vacuum pressure pump called the Vac Q.
The tool, which attaches to the lid of the blender, draws out the air from the jug before blending. This results in smoother texture, brighter color and richer flavor as you get rid of all the air that leads to quick oxidation of ingredients.
Does this work for any recipe you prepare?
No. It’s important to know what you should or shouldn’t vacuum as some recipes actually require air to get the best results.
For example, green smoothies, soups, dips or spreads would make use of air vacuuming before blending as those are known to oxidize quickly and lose some of their flavor as they sit around. On the other hand, if you’re making something that is milk based (milkshake for example), air is an important part of what gives it that whipped and bubbly texture that we all love, so vacuuming in this case would not give you the best result.
The Breville Vac Q attachment is sold separately and is compatible with both the Q and Super Q blenders.
Breville Super Q vs. Vitamix, Which Is Better?
Vitamix has been the first choice of blender for many people. It’s known for its powerful motor and precise blending results. So the Breville Super Q comes in as quite the competitive.
In this comparison, I’ll be comparing the Vitamix 750 Professional to the Breville Super Q:
- The Vitamix has variable speeds and programs, much like the Super Q. It has 5 programs: smoothie, frozen dessert, soup, puree and more. These programs can be used to make soup, smoothies, frozen treats, batters, dressings, dips, nut butters and milks and more!
- Speed wise, you can select from 10 speed settings using the dial.
- The motor of the Vitamix 750 is 1440watts power. Although it is powerful, the Super Q is more powerful at 1800watts.
- The capacity of the Vitamix jug is 64 oz, only slightly smaller that the Super Q’s. However, with the Vitamix you only get one jug unlike the Breville Super Q which gives you an additional personal size 24 oz blender cup.
- One of the special things about Vitamix, which you rarely find in appliances, is that it is manufactured in the USA. Yes, it is actually made in Cleveland, Ohio, which is definitely great!
A blender like Vitamix is a great choice if you’re planning on always making large batches of food. For an additional price, you can buy smaller jugs (32 oz or 48 oz) or a 20 oz cup. If you opt to buy the cup, you’ll also need to buy the blending base for it separately. This tallies up to a large amount of money. For less the price, you can buy the more powerful Super Q with the blender cup included and no additional costs needed.
When it comes to air vacuuming your food, Vitamix does not have an official accessory to do that.
Air fryers have gained a lot of popularity in past few years. And what’s not to like! You get to enjoy your favorite fried food with way less oil without losing any of the good taste. Another popular – but no so new – kitchen appliance is a toaster oven. Those have been around for ages, and are still in demand.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen appliances, or simply looking for something more convenient, getting an air fryer/toaster oven combo is a great idea. It saves up on both money and counterspace, and it gives you access to a lot more features. But is it the best choice for your needs?
In this post, we’ll look into the best rated air fryer and toaster oven combos, look at their features, how they compare to each other and any other details that could help you with your decision.
Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens:
Breville Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven BOV900BSS:
Our of all other brands, Breville has created the most versatile and user-friendly air fryer and oven combination. The oven comes loaded with 13 smart cooking programs that make your cooking task as easy as selecting a program and hitting the start button. But you also have the option to create your own program for that special meal.
Available programs: Toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, airfry, reheat, cookies, slow cook and dehydrate.
Each of these programs automatically adjust the temperature and cook time to the optimal settings, but if you ever feel like you need to adjust it, you can do so.
The oven has 2-speed convection fan that operates on regular or super speed to give you more control over what you’re cooking. The fan is great for programs like air frying, dehydrate and roasting where you need higher air volume and better heat distribution.
One of Breville’s best features is the Element iQ technology which allows the 6 independent quartz heating elements to shift power where it’s needed most, above or below the food, to get you the best results.
When it comes to size, the Breville Smart Oven Air has 1 cubic ft capacity. That’s room for 9 slices of bread, 14-lbs turkey, 12 cup muffin tray or 5-qt Dutch oven. So it’s quite roomy for cooking for a large family.
Operating the oven couldn’t be easier thanks to the LCD display that shows you everything, including steps as your oven heats or switches cooking phases.
Included accessories: 13” pizza pan, 2x oven racks, 9”x13” broil rack and enamel roasting pan, and a mesh basket rack for dehydrating and air frying.
Oven dimensions: 17.2” x 21.4” x 12.8”
Pros of Breville Smart Oven Air:
- Very versatile – Lots of programs to choose from.
- Ease of use. LCD display makes it easy to operate.
- Made of high quality materials.
- Includes a lot of accessories.
Cons of Breville Smart Oven Air:
Cuisinart TOA-65 Digital Convection Toaster Oven and Air Fryer:
Cuisinart’s Convection and Air fryer oven is the budget-friendly alternative to Breville’s Smart Oven Air… but they vary in features, so let’s have a look:
Available functions: Bake, broil, pizza, roast, toast, bagel, reheat, warm, dual cook, air fry. Low temperature functions include: braise and slow cook. Special programs like: dehydrate and proof.
Temperature and settings can be adjusted. Temp range goes from 80F to 450F and convection fan can be set to low or high.
On to capacity, the Cuisinart is smaller than the Breville at 0.6 cu ft capacity. It can hold up to 6 halves of bagels, airfry up to 3 lbs of fries, roast a 4 lb chicken or bake a 12” pizza.
Dimensions of the oven are: 17.00″ x 21.73″ x 15.75”
Using the oven is quite easy, too. It features an LCD display combined with a dial knob and some buttons for easy programmability and customization.
The Cuisinart oven includes two accessories: a baking pan and an Airfrying basket.
The TOA model is also available as TOA-60, an even more affordable model with the same features and capacity but lacks the digital display.
Pros of Cuisinart TOA-65 Oven:
- Affordable and functional.
- Easy to use.
- Enough presets to perform most cooking tasks.
Cons of Cuisinart TOA-65:
- Large, bulky design. Even though the capacity is smaller than it looks.
- Doesn’t include many accessories.
Ninja Foodi Digital Toaster and Air Fryer Oven:
First thing you’ll notice about the Ninja Foodi oven is the sleek and compact size. Yet, it is still spacious enough to allow you to prepare food for a large family.
Preset programs on the Ninja Foodi Airfryer oven are: air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, dehydrate, keep warm, toast and bagel. With the ability for you to change temperature and time settings to your liking.
Although it looks small in size, it is actually larger in capacity than the Cuisinart TOA 65. It can accommodate sheet pan 13” x 13”, up to 9 slices of bread, 13” pizza and air fry up to 4 lbs. However, since it’s shorter in height, you cannot fit a whole chicken in it.
One of Ninja Foodi’s oven unique design features is the Flip Away feature. It is designed in a way to be flipped up and easily stored when not in use. Flipping it up also allows you to remove a panel to easily clean the bottom and interior of the oven.
Using the oven is quite easy, too. Thanks to the digital control and small LCD display located on the top.
The Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven includes: wire rack, 13” x 13” sheet pan, 13” x 13” Air fry basket.
Dimensions of the Ninja Foodi Oven and Airfryer: 19.7 L x 7.6 W x 15 H
Pros of Ninja Foodi Oven:
- Compact in size, space saving design.
- Sleek and modern design.
- Includes enough accessories.
- Easiest to clean and stash away.
Cons of Ninja Foodi Oven:
- Height of the oven doesn’t allow to fit larger items like whole chicken or turkey.
Black + Decker Extra Wide Crisp N Bake AirFryer Toaster Oven
If you want a simple air fryer and toaster oven combo without all the bells and whistles, this one is it. It’s the most affordable out of all previous picks, but it lacks any advanced features.
The Black and Decker air fryer and toaster oven is not a digital oven, so there’s no preset programs to choose from. You will manually set your temperature, timer and any other settings. The manual dial knob does have marks for functions to make it easier to set the correct temperature. You’ll see the options: bake, broil, toast, keep warm and air fry.
The capacity of the oven is quite nice. It can fit 8 slices of bread, 12” pizza or 9” x 13” pan. It’s nearly the same capacity as the Cuisinart TOA 65, but looks much nicer and not as bulky.
The oven includes an airfryer basket, broil rack and and pan. That’s enough accessories to get you started right away.
With the Black and Decker oven priced under $100, is it really just as good as the other more expensive models? Or do you get what you pay for?
Looking at customer reviews, you’ll see that a lot of customers are complaining about the air frying function of this model. Choosing the airfrying function will operate the convection fans but it does not give you the option to customize temperature or speed. So if you plan to use the air fryer function a lot, this model might not be the best choice.
Pros of Black and Decker Extra Wide Air Fryer and Toaster Oven:
- Great affordable price.
- Large capacity for the price.
- Includes good set of accessories.
- Air Fryer function does not perform well.
- No digital settings.
Which Air Fryer and Convection Oven Combo Is Best To Buy?
Our picks ranged in price and functions, now it’s time to pick which is actually the best to buy. This obviously comes down to what you really need from an oven, but here are a few pinpoints help you out:
The best overall option is certainly the Breville Smart Oven Air. It has to most digital functions, the best heating elements and convection fan settings, and it includes the most accessories. But of course, all of that comes at a price. It is the most expensive out of them all.
The Ninja Foodi Oven has a great price tag for its capacity and digital functions. The design is very modern, and it’s oven of very few ovens that can be easily stored away when not in use. The only issue with this oven is its height. It is not high enough to fit larger food items like a whole chicken, turkey or even bake a cake. So that’s an important thing to keep in mind if you cook these meals regularly.
The Cuisinart comes next with an affordable price tag and function ratio. One of the biggest downsides of this model is its design. It’s quite large and does not have the nicest design, honestly. If you compare the Cuisinart to the Ninja Foodi, the Cuisinart looks huge. Yet, the Ninja Foodi actually has larger flat capacity! However, unlike the Foodi, the Cuisinart can fit a whole chicken/turkey.
Last comes the Black and Decker. With a price tag that definitely is the most affordable. But when it comes to functions, you’ll certainly get what you pay for. The oven is operated manually (no digital programs), and the Air frying function is simply not as good as the other ovens.
Delta’s Pull-down kitchen faucets are among the most popular on our site and some of the best selling on Amazon. In this post, I’ll be focusing on Delta’s Trinsic collection of pull down kitchen faucets. If you’ve been thinking of buying this model, this post should help answer your questions.
What Is Delta Trinsic Kitchen Faucet?
There are several things that set the Trinsic Collection from others by Delta, either from design or technology perspective. Here’s what you can expect from the Trinsic collection (some features are available on specific models only):
Design wise, the Trinsic collection has a very modern and sleek design.
Tech wise, you should find these impressive features:
- MagnaTite Docking: a feature in the pull down spray head that uses magnets to secure the head in place when not in use. So unlike cheaper faucets, the spray head will never dangle.
- Touch2O Technology: this touch sensor allows you to turn on or off the water flow just by touching any part of the faucet or handle. So whether your hands are messy or full, you don’t need to drop down everything in hand to turn the water on/off, touch your faucet with your write, arm or even the back of your hand to operate it.
- TempSense LED light changes color to alert you of the water’s temperature.
- Touch-Clean Spray Holes: Rubber spray holes allows for easy cleaning with a simple wipe of a finger.
Trinsic faucets are available in these finishes: Chrome, Arctic Stainless Steel, Matte Black, Champagne Bronze and Black Stainless Steel.
Features of Delta Trinsic Pull Down Kitchen Faucet:
- Single-handle pull down kitchen faucet.
- Diamond Seal technology: patented technology that reduces lead points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard. It ensures leak-free operation for the life of the faucet.
- Magnetic docking uses a powerful magnet located in the sprayer’s head so it snaps back into place after use and remains securely in place.
- Touch-Clean rubber holes in the sprayer makes cleaning any calcium or lime build-up as easy as wiping it away with your finger.
What Is The Difference Between Delta Trinsic 9959 DST vs. 99159 DST?
There are two model numbers in the Trinsic pull-down kitchen faucet line, 9959 and 99159. Each of these are available in all finishes mentioned above, but each also has few different specifications that you’ll need to consider before making your choice:
Trinsic 9959 Features:
- Available in: Standard style (without touch sensor) or with Touch2O technology.
- Number of holes: 1 or 3-hole 6” or 8” installation.
- Flow Rate: 1.80 gpm @ 60 psi, 6.8L per minute @414 kPa.
- Spout Height: 13”
- Spout Length: 6 1/2”
- Spout Height Deck to Aerator: 7”
- Deck Thickness: 2.5”
- Valve type: Electronic with Euromotion DIAMOND valve.
- Includes supply lines.
- Fittings type: 3/8” compression fittings.
Trinsic 9159 Features:
- Available in: Standard, Touch2O and Touch2O with Voice IQ.
- VoiceIQ (model 9159TV) uses your voice enabled smart home device like Alexa or Google Assistant to power your faucet. You can use voice commands to turn on/off the faucet, pour a measured amount of water (1 cup, for example), or setup custom commands.
- Touch2O and VoiceIQ models also feature TempSense LED indicator light that changes color to reflex water temperature.
- Number of holes: 1 or 3-hole 3” or 8” installation.
- Flow Rate: 1.80 gpm @ 60 psi, 6.8L per minute @414 kPa.
- Spout total height: 15/11”
- Spout Length: 9 1/2”
- Spout Height Deck to Aerator: 8-7/16”
- Deck Thickness 2.25”
- Valve type: Electronic with Euromotion DIAMOND valve.
- Includes supply lines.
- Fittings type: 3/8” compression fittings.
Breville’s Smart Ovens have been quite a popular choice, and we’ve compared many of their models before in case you missed them:
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven vs. BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro
- Breville BOV800XL vs. BOV650XL, and
- Breville BOV800XL vs. BOV450XL
Now, there’s a new addition that we need to add to the list: Breville BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air.
What Is New In Breville BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air?
Just by looking at the photo, you’d think Breville keeps releasing the same oven over and over again. That is of course NOT the case, the Breville Smart Oven Air packs new amazing features that you’ll want to check out.
- It has a large 1 cu. ft capacity. It is large enough to fit a 12-peice muffin pan, 13″ Pizza pan or 9 slices of toast.
- It has 6 independent Quartz heating elements that move power where it is needed the most, above or below the food.
- It has a fan with two speeds: regular or Super. Super moves air rapidly for quicker and more even roasting.
- It has Air Frying and Dehydrate functions.
- 13 preset functions include: toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, air fry, reheat, cookies, slow cook and dehydrate.
- LCD screen with dial knobs for easy control and programability.
- Dials: Function, Time, Temperature Conversion.
- Buttons: Frozen Food Defrost.
- 13” nonstick pizza pan
- 13”x9” enamel baking pan
- Stainless steel roasting rack
- (2) Heavy duty oven racks
- AirFry/Dehydrate mesh basket
- 16 x 13.5 x 7 in
Breville Smart Oven Air vs. Pro (BOV845BSS), What’s The Difference Between Them?
The biggest difference between the two models is:
Smart Oven Air (BOV900BSS) has air frying and dehydrate functions. Which adds a lot to its functionality.
- Smart Oven Air has 6 heating elements, while the Smart Oven Pro has 5.
- Smart Oven Air is larger in capacity, it can take up to 9 slices of toast. The Smart Over Pro on the other hand takes up to 6 slices of toast. However, both can accommodate a 13″ Pizza pan.
- On the Smart Oven Air, the convection fan has 2-speeds which gives you more control over your cooking. You can choose from regular speed or Super speed. The Smart Oven Pro has a fan, but it works at one speed only.
- Both ovens have Slow Cooking feature.
Breville Smart Oven Air BOV900 vs. Smart Oven Air Fryer BOV860
- DEDICATED AIR FRY SETTING Why buy a stand alone air fryer when the Smart Oven Air Fryer can turn out guilt free french fries, chicken wings, family favorites and so much more. Higher temperatures combined with super convection (maximized air flow) deliver delicious, crispy golden air fried foods
- ELEMENT IQ SYSTEM Smart algorithms steers power to where and when it’s needed to create the ideal cooking environment, for a range of different cooking techniques. With sensing and digital PID temperature control it eliminates cold spots for precise and even cooking. Independent heating elements and ideal rack positions take the guesswork out of cooking.
- SUPER VERSATILE 11 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast 6 slices, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies and Slow Cook for long cooking times, at low temperatures.
- DUAL SPEED CONVECTION Convection can reduce cooking time by up to 30%. It speeds the cooking process by raising the hotter air and sinking colder, less dense air for quicker heating. Super Convection delivers extreme airflow, ideal for Air Fry.
- LCD DISPLAY LCD display to easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 11 smart cooking functions. The LCD also indicates when pre heat has completed and automatically begins to count down on the cooking time for perfect results.
With the BOV900 and BOV860, competition is a little closer as both models have the air fryer functions. There are some differences though:
BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer has 11 functions:
Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Air Fry, Reheat, Warm and Slow Cook.
The BOV900 has two additional functions: Proof and Dehydrate.
When it comes to capacity, BOV860 is a 0.8cu ft with 6-slice toast capacity. It can hold a 13″ pizza pan, roast a whole chicken or fit a 9 cup muffin tray. On the other hand, BOV900 has 9-slice toast capacity, 13″ pizza pan, 12-cup muffin tray and 14 lbs turkey.
Accessories included with the BOV860 Smart Oven:
Air Fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 13” non-stick pizza pan, wire rack, broiling rack.
Overall, the BOV900 has a larger capacity and two additional functions: Proof (great for bakers) and Dehydrate, which is a useful function for anyone who likes making healthy snacks such as dehydrated veggies and fruit.
If you don’t need the additional functions, or you’re okay with the smaller capacity, the BOV860 works just as good.
Breville Smart Oven Air vs. Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven:
Wolf’s countertop oven is a convection oven that has 6 programs preset:
Bake, Broil, Warm, Proof, Toast and Roast.
Using the LCD display, it is quite easy to either select from the presets or create your own custom settings. One of the great features that Wolf has is the Probe function, which allows you to monitor the interior temperature of your meats using a probe, and it will automatically stop once it reached the desired temperature. The probe, which connects to the oven, is included with your purchase.
The oven using 5 heating elements to create an even heating environment for whatever your cooking. It also has a convection function.
So how is the Wolf oven different than Breville’s Smart Air oven?
- To start, Wolf Gourmet’s oven does not have an air fryer or dehydration function like the Breville.
- It has 5 heating elements, where the Breville Air has 6.
- When it comes to preset programs, the Wolf oven has only 6 while Breville’s oven has 13 presets.
Wolf Gourmet’s countertop oven is more comparable to Breville Smart Pro than the Smart Air oven:
- The Breville Smart Pro is a convection oven (without air fry or dehydration function) just like the Wolf oven.
- Both have 5 heating elements.
However, the Breville Smart Pro has 10 preset programs, including a slow cooking setting. And it’s nearly half the price of Wolf Gourmet’s oven.
What Is Air Frying and Dehydrate Features?
You’ve probably heard of an Air Fryer, an appliance that allows you to recreate fried food but in a much healthier way. With Breville’s Smart Oven Air, you have an air fryer built into your oven, no need for an additional appliance! Air Frying uses high heat and super convection to maximize air flow and cook delicious and crispy food that is similar to fried food but without all the fat.
Another appliance used for making healthy snacks in a food dehydrator, which is another thing you won’t need to buy because it’s built in to your Smart Oven Air. With the Dehydrate option, you can create delicious snacks like dried fruit (banana chips, for example), beef jerky, dried tomatoes and more!
What Is Elements IQ Technology?
Elements IQ is one of the feature that make Breville’s Smart Ovens, SMART! The ovens have independent elements on the top and bottom of the oven. How many elements depends on the model you choose. These elements power up where they are needed the most to give you the best results possible. For example: if you choose the Broil function, Elements IQ will concentrate the heat on the top elements so it melts and browns the food for the best Broiling results. Toast function will activate the top and bottom elements for evenly crisp toast and so on. But that’s not all, depending on what you’re cooking, the elements can operate at different power, too. You have the control over the temperature, too. So if you’re not happy with the pre-sets, you can change them as you please.
Watch The Breville Smart Oven Air in Action:
Why Buy a Breville Smart Oven Instead of a Regular Convection Oven?
Since you’ve reached this far into our article, you’ve seen what a Breville Smart Oven can do. But what exactly distinguishes a smart oven from a convection oven?
Automatic Adjustment: Using a convection oven, you have to manually adjust the timer, temperature and other elements to get your food to cook just right. With a smart oven, there’s no guess work (most of the time). Using the pre-sets, all elements are adjusted for you automatically to cook your food just right.
Save Your Settings: A smart oven will also save your settings so you can use them on the spot every time.
Elements IQ Technology: This one is specific to Breville smart ovens, but you might an equivalent technology in other brands. Elements IQ ensures your food is evenly cooked and allocate power where it is needed most to get the best results.
Multi functional: a smart oven is a multi functional appliance. If you want to replace multiple appliances in your kitchen, choose a model with features like Slow Cook, Dehydrate, Proof (dough proofing), and Air Fry. This will make your smart oven your go-to appliance for every meal.
Can I Replace My Microwave with a Smart Oven?
No, a smart oven is NOT a microwave. It is meant to replace a convection oven. It can be used for baking, toasting, broiling as well as other features that will depend on which model you choose. So it can replace your toaster and convection oven, for example, and it can do some of the tasks a microwave does like reheating food, for example, but you can’t use it to reheat a cup of milk or coffee.
Can I Switch Off The Fan (Convection) in a Breville Smart Oven?
Yes, this can be done. Your Breville Smart Oven can be used as a regular oven or convection oven. The fan feature can be shut off manually, or using some of the pre-sets will shut it off automatically if it’s not needed.
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Kitchen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.