Comparison Between Delta’s Best Pull-Down Kitchen Faucets: 9178-AR-DST vs. 9159-AR-DST vs. 9192T-AR-DST
I first mentioned Delta’s 9178-AR-DST pull-down faucet in this list of best stainless steel pull down kitchen faucets. But if you happened to be looking up that particular model, you might get a little confused with two slightly similar models also by Delta, the 9159-AR-DST and 9192T-AR-DST.
In this post, I’ll be mapping out the difference between these three models.
Delta Pull Down Kitchen Faucets – 9178-AR-DST vs. 9159-AR-DST vs. 9192T-AR-DST: What’s Is The Difference?
Maximum Flow Rate:
- The 9178-AR-DST and 9159-AR-DST have a 1.8 GPM (Gallon per Minute) Maximum Flow Rate, while the 9192T-AR-DST has 1.5 GMP flow rate.
- All three faucets are for 1 or 3 hole installation.
- The 9192T-AR-DST is the only faucet of these three that is equipped with Touch2O Technology that allows you to start water flow by touch.
- All three are a pull-down faucet design.
- The 9159-AR-DST has the highest arch design, which is more modern and allows to fit higher items under it.
- 9178-AR-DST is available in 5 finishes (stainless steel, arctic/brushed stainless steel, chrome, venetian bronze, champagne bronze)
- 9159-AR-DST is available in 3 finishes (stainless steel, chrome, champagne bronze).
- 9192T-AR-DST is available in 4 finishes (stainless steel, chrome, arctic stainless steel and Venetian bronze).
What’s The Difference Between Stainless Steel, Spotshield Stainless Steel and Arctic Stainless Steel?
When picking a faucet and choosing the right finish, you might get confused over these names. They’re all stainless steel, but with some variation:
- Stainless Steel is the traditional finish that we’ve all come to love. It’s usually the most practical choice as it’s affordable and easy to clean and maintain.
- Spotshield Stainless Steel is a kind of stainless steel with added coating that makes your faucet look spotless for a longer time. The coating protects the faucet from water spots or fingerprints. This type of stainless steel usually has muted finish.
- Arctic Stainless Steel is the same as traditional stainless steel, but it has a matte finish. The shade of it is more on the gray/blue undertones (hence the name Arctic) as opposed to the yellowish/gray undertone of traditional stainless steel.
Which One Do You Choose?
- If flow rate is an important factor to your decision, then go for the higher rate with either 9178-AR-DST or 9159-AR-DST models.
- If you’re looking for a touch-free faucet, you can choose between model 9192T-AR-DST or model 9178T-AR-DST. You can also read my guide on what is a touchless kitchen faucet, how it works and which is the best touchless faucet to buy.
- Otherwise, you can simply choose a faucet that matches your kitchen’s aesthetics. Find the best arch height for your use and the best metal finish to go with your kitchen decor.
I hope this will help you understand the difference between these three faucets and make a better buying decision!
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Kitchen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.