Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processors: DFP-14BCN vs. FP-14DC Elite – Which Is Best To Buy?
If you’ve been a 14-cup Cuisinart food processor, you’ve probably came across these two models, the DFP-14BCN and FP-14DC Elite. In this post, we’ll be covering the difference between these two food processors.
The first difference is, the FP-14DC Elite is a newer model of the DFP-14BCN, but that doesn’t always mean its better and that you should pay up the price difference just because it’s newer. That’s why we’ll be writing the features of each food processor in details to help you make a better decision based on what you need.
Cuisinart DFP-14BCN vs. FP-14DC Elite, What Is The Difference?
- First thing you’ll notice is the wattage difference, the FP-14DC Elite (The newer version) has 1000Watts power while the DFP-14BCN has 720Watts.
- The FP-14DC Elite has touchpad control buttons (On, Off, Dough, Pulse) which are easier to use. The DFP-14BCN has two press buttons (On and Off/Pulse).
Parts and Accessories:
- Both processor include: stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping/mixing blades, and dough blade.
- All parts are dishwasher safe, the processors include spatula and recipe books. The Elite has an extra accessory storage case.
- The FP-14DC Elite is available in Black, White or Die-Cast.
- The DFP-14BCN is available in black/stainless steel or white/stainless steel.
Which Should You Buy? The DFP-14BCN Or FP-14DC Elite?
The FP-14DC Elite seems to be a better choice for its more powerful performance, better control pad and the die-cast option is great for easier cleaning and durability. The accessory storage case is also great for keeping everything in one place. However, these extra features come with a price, it is more expensive than the DFP-14BCN. So if it’s within your budget, you’ll absolutely enjoy having it for a long time to come.
How’s The Cuisinart DFP-14NRY Different Than the DFP-14BCN?
The Cuisinart DFP-14NRY is an updated version of the DFP-14BCN. It has a slightly redesigned blade that can handle and process larger quantity of food more reliably. [source]
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Kitchen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.