Full Comparison Between InSinkErator UnderSink Garbage Disposers
We’ve mentioned the InSinkErator Garbage Disposers in a previous post on the best undersink disposers. It’s always been one of the most popular brands, but choosing one model can get quite confusing, especially that they all look almost the same. So here’s a full comparison between the most familiar and most popular models.
Comparisons this post:
- InSinkErator Evolution Excel vs. Compact.
- InSinkErator Evolution Compact vs Essential.
- InSinkErator Evolution Essential vs. Pro Essential vs. Pro Compact.
- InSinkErator vs. Waste King.
- InSinkErator vs. KitchenAid Garbage Disposal
- What Is InSinkErator Badger 5?
What Is The Difference Between InSinkErator Evolution Excel vs. Compact?
Here’s a comparison chart:
The InSinkErator Excel is more powerful than the Compact in the following features:
- 3 grind stages to get rid of virtually any type of food or disposed waste. Compact version has 2 grind stages only.
- The grind chamber capacity in the Excel is 40 oz vs. 34 oz for the Compact.
- The Excel has a stainless steel exterior.
- 1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction motor in the Excel disposer, vs. 3/4 Horsepower for the Compact.
- The Excel has an ultra-quiet performance, the Compact has the same SoundSeal technology and is very quiet compared to standard disposers but not quieter than the Excel.
What Is The Difference Between The InSinkErator Evolution Compact vs. Essential?
Both look identical, I can’t blame you if you get confused!
There are 2 differences between these two:
- The InSinkErator Evolution Essential is quieter than the Compact model.
- The Essential has a 6-year warranty instead of 4.
Next Up, InSinkErator Evolution Essential vs. Pro Essential vs. Pro Compact:
So there’s a PRO version of each model we’ve mentioned above, and you’d like to know what makes it a pro. Here’s what:
- This space-saving model is a perfect fit for restricted cabinet space
- Sound Seal Makes the Evolution Essential at least 40% quieter than standard disposers
- Multi Grind Two grind stages let you quickly grind difficult food waste
- Power cord included
- Includes sound-reducing Quiet Collar Sink Baffle
Each PRO version, either the Compact or Essential, here are their extra features:
- Anti-microbial Quiet Collar Sink Baffle – they offer a quieter performance.
- They have longer warranty period.
- They use continuous feed and have Auto-reverse features.
- The Essential and Essential PRO have a larger grind chamber stronger motor than the Compact and Compact PRO.
What Can I Put In an InSinkErator Garbage Disposer?
It should take care of any type of food waste. Depending on the model, your InSinkErator garbage disposer will have a 2 stage or 3 stage grinder that will grind any food waste to really small bits. The official instructions state that it can grind foods such as: celery, apple cores, potato peels, small bones and fruit pits. But you should not grind large amounts at the same time, and you should be running only cold water while operating the disposal.
Demo of How The InSinkErator Evolution Works:
What Is The InSinkErator Badger 5?
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 1/2 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps.
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
The Badger 5 is a great budget-friendly garbage disposal by InSinkErator. It has less features than the other models, but it’s great for its price:
- It has 1/2 HP motor.
- 26 oz capacity.
What’s missing from it:
- It has one-stage grinding instead of multi-grind.
- It is not Sound Sealed, so it is louder than the other models.
InSinkErator vs. Waste King, Which Should I Buy?
Waste King is another brand that offers a line of top rated garbage disposals. While there are many disposals, each with its own features, in this comparison we’ll be looking at the Waste King L-8000 vs. InSinkErator Evolution Compact, as they’re the top rated models.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning
- 20 YEAR PROTECTION: 20-year Limited
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required.
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components.
The Waste King has a 1 Horse Power motor compared to InSinkErator’s 3/4 HP motor. However, we found the InSinkErator to have a few leading features that the Waste King doesn’t have:
- When grinding, the InSinkErator using a Multi-Grind technology with two grind stages. This ensures the finest grinds even for difficult food waste.
- The InSinkErator also features SoundSeal technology: this offers advanced insulation and and anti-vibration for the quietest operation possible.
- The Waste King also features insulated grinding components, but it’s not as advanced as the InSinkErators.
- What’s included with your purchase:
- The Waste King includes the unit itself, all mounting hardware and the power cord.
- The InSinkErator includes the unit with Quick Lock Sink Mount, Sink Baffle, Jam-Buster Wrench, Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount, clamp, and stopper. It does not include the power cord, which you have to buy separately.
InSinkErator vs. KitchenAid Garbage Disposal, Which Is A Better Choice To Buy?
In this comparison, again we’ll compare the InSinkErator Evolution Compact to Kitchenaid’s Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal.
These two have many features in common:
- Both have the same motor: 3/4 Horsepower.
- Both the InSinkErator and Kitchenaid have a Multi-grind technology that grind waste at two stages.
- Both don’t include a power cord, which you’ll need to buy separately.
- Both are equipped with sound seal technology for quiet operation.
The only difference we can spot between these two units is the capacity:
- The InSinkErator Evolution has a 34 ounce capacity.
- The KitchenAid has a 40 ounce capacity.
[more info can be found on KitchenAid.com]