Whether it’s kids or adults, the love for pasta is shared everywhere. It’s a frequently made dish that everyone loves, so why not make it more of a convenient task to make.
To make less of a mess, most people prefer the use of pasta pot to make their pasta dishes. Is pasta supposed to be cooked in a special kind of pot? No, not really. But for added convenience, pasta pots have either a strainer insert or a strainer lid that allows you to immediately strain the pasta after it is done boiling.
This post has some of the best rated pasta pots with strainers that will do your cooking and straining job a breeze.
What To Look For in a Pasta Pot
If you want to keep your kitchen counter clean, buy a pot with a strainer. With a pot strainer, you don’t have to transfer the pasta from one place to another. It makes your pot a compact all-in-one solution. Some of these pots may feature separate strainer pots for straining, while some of them have straining lids.
The last thing you want is pasta that sticks to the base. Most pots nowadays are non-stick, your best pick would be to go for a stainless steel interior.
Lid locks are pretty handy while straining the water. They prevent accidental spills, so they offer perfect ergonomics for the users.
The best option is to buy stainless steel pasta pots. They last longer and are pretty easy to clean. Moreover, there are aluminum pasta pots which is the second-best bet.
If you use an induction cooktop, you’ll want to make sure the pot you are buying is compatible. Most of these pots are induction ready, so you can effectively use them with any burner or induction stove. However, some of these may not support induction cooking, so it’s better to check the labels thoroughly.
No matter how big or small your pasta pot maybe, it’s more convenient when you don’t have to hand-wash the cooking ware. Therefore, dishwasher-safe pasta pots become a much convenient option.
Although it depends on your cooking needs, a large-capacity pasta pot won’t be a bad option. They keep you from worrying about how high to fill a pasta pot. So, generally, you will find capacities from 5 liters up to 11 liters and beyond.
Best Pasta Pots with Strainers
- 6-Quart covered pasta pot with perforated insert for easy draining
- Single-ply polished stainless-steel construction with thick aluminum warp-resistant base for fast, even heating
- Highly polished 18/10 stainless-steel cooking surface offers superior stick resistance and easy maintenance, plus won’t react with food
- More durable than traditional pots for a lifetime of use; steel lid; stainless-steel handles permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
- Capacity etched on the pot’s base; oven- and broiler-safe to 600 degrees F; induction compatible; dishwasher-safe; limited lifetime warranty
This one is an excellent option if you like to keep things organized. It’s a compact 6-Quart pasta pot featuring a perforated insert. Hence, straining the liquid becomes a straightforward job.
Durability is guaranteed thanks to the stainless-steel body polished in single-ply silver. Moreover, it provides stick resistance and doesn’t react with the food.
It’s an induction-ready pot, broiler-safe up to 600 degrees F. It’s also dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty.
What Customers Say
The customers like the size. It’s just perfect for smaller families. Moreover, the straining action is quite simple, which makes pasta cooking more convenient.
A customer complained that the parts don’t align too well. For some of them, the compact size became a problem as it spilled water all over upon boiling. Simple solution for this is to make sure you do not overfill your pot.
- Impact-bonded aluminum bases provide fast, even heating. Safe for the stove, oven, broiler, and dishwasher.
- Long, ergonomic handles provide a secure grip even with full, heavy pans, stay cool even when pan is hot, and are double-riveted by hand.
- Fill lines make measuring easy, and covers have straining holes that line up with pour spouts to drain liquids without having to use a separate colander.
- Includes 8-quart stock pot, pasta insert, steamer insert, lid.
- Protected by Calphalon's full 10-year .
The Calphalon Classic SS Pasta Pot Set features an 8-quart capacity to enable large meals in one go. It comes with a pasta insert and a steam insert, making it convenient to strain the pasta or steam veggies or other foods. The pot doesn’t offer induction readiness, but it’s oven, stove, and dishwasher friendly. Its attractive silver color with a glass lid and durable design make it an appealing product for pasta lovers.
There is a ten-year warranty on these pots. Smart ergonomic design and inner measuring lines can help in cooking with precision and safety.
The customers seem to like how big these pots are. It’s easier for them to cook larger meals. Moreover, the easy-pickup strain makes the job much easier for them. The design features smart ergonomics making it an appealing option for the customers.
On the other hand, some customers complained that the rivets on the handles seem to be eroding, leaving unpleasant marks on the pot’s inner surface.
- Chef's Choice Stainless: Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance
- Unsurpassed Heat Distribution: Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots
- Stainless Steel for Professional Results: Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Great for classic cooking techniques like slow simmers, rolling boils and reduction of liquids
- Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring
- Drip-Free Pouring: Rim is tapered for drip-free pouring
This set of pasta pots features a 4-piece combination made from stainless steel. With an beautiful mirror finish and a large 12-quart capacity, the pasta set will be an ideal option for large family meals.
It’s an induction-ready pasta pot, offering even heat distribution, so it works with most stoves and ovens. Moreover, the glass lid gives it a luxurious look.
Additionally, there are cool grip handles. So, you won’t burn your hand while straining from the perforated strainer. The drip-free rim keeps your kitchen counter clean, and the flavor-lock lid ensures the best flavor.
Feedback from Customers
Excellent for cooking larger meals. The set features the essential pots, which are dishwasher friendly. So, it’s a convenient option for organized kitchens.
On the other hand, some customers complained about rusting and black streaks appearing on the surface.
- 6 QUART PASTA POT: Elongated oval shape inspired by Italian style and design accommodates all shapes and sizes of pasta, from longer spaghetti and lasagna to shorter penne and farfalle noodles
- VERSATILE AND MULTIPURPOSE: Great for more than just making pasta and can be used for cooking vegetables, potatoes, soups, stews, and more
- LOCKABLE STRAINING LID: Included lid with built-in straining holes twists and locks into place to make it safer and more convenient to drain excess water from the pot
- CONVENIENT HANDLES: Attached handles on either side of the pot provide a secure grip
- MADE WITH STAINLESS STEEL: Durable 18/8 stainless steel construction with aluminum core in the base distributes heat faster and more evenly
Looking for something compact? The Bialetti Oval with strainer lid is just what you want. It’s a stainless-steel design featuring a strainer lid to strain the liquid conveniently. Moreover, there can be other uses for a pasta pot like this one. So, you can use it for boiling veggies, soups, and stews, etc.
The heat distribution in this pot is quite balanced, but it’s not an induction-ready pot; therefore, if you have an induction stove, it is better to look for the other options.
The 6-quart compact design makes it an appealing product for smaller family meals.
Customer reviews suggest it’s a multi-purpose option for boiling, stewing, and making pasta. Its design allows you to drop the spaghetti without breaking them.
On the contrary, a review suggests that the lid doesn’t fit the pot properly. Moreover, some of them mean there are several better options available.
How To Use a Pasta Pot with Strainer?
Using a pasta pot with a strainer is relatively straightforward. If you have a pot with a strainer lid, pour the excess liquid through the strainer with the lid closed. In the case of a perforated strainer, you only need to lift the strainer, and the water will drain off itself.
How High to Fill a Pasta Pot?
Make sure to leave an inch or so from the highest rim. It helps prevent spills in case the water boils too quickly.
How Big a Pasta Pot Should Be?
Pasta pots come in a variety of sizes. Generally, a pasta pot must hold at least five quarts of liquid to prepare a meal for a small family.
What Are the Other Uses For a Pasta Pot?
They are quite versatile. You can use a pasta pot for boiling veggies, making stews, cooking beans, lentils, and even hard eggs.
Pasta pots with strainers are one of the essential cooking ware if your family loves pasta. They are convenient to use, compact to store, and can last a lifetime, thanks to their sturdy designs. Built-in strainers will save you time and energy and keep the mess at minimal level.