A toaster oven may not be the most recent culinary invention, but it can be a handful in the kitchen. Especially when you need to send your kids off to school, run to work and have to prepare breakfast and meals in a jiffy, these appliances come in handy.
So, whether it’s bread toasting or baking full meals, a toaster oven can do most of the things on its own. It saves a lot of time and effort.
Because toaster ovens are such excellent appliances, it’s often tricky to pick the right one, especially when there is such versatility in price ranges and features. However, read on to find some great toaster ovens that you can buy for under $100. (Prices are under $100 as of the time of writing, all prices are subject to change by vendors).
Also, a buying guide helps you pick the best toaster oven by focusing on the most critical features.
What To Look For in a Toaster Oven
Since toaster ovens come in various shapes, sizes, features, and price ranges, let’s make it easier for you to help focus on the most critical elements. Here is what you should consider:
Convectional or Electric Toaster Ovens
Firstly, there are two heating mechanisms in toaster ovens. The electric heating options are generally costlier, and they are not as energy-efficient as conventional toaster ovens. On the other hand, traditional models have a fan inside, so they are noisier than electric models.
Toasting Capacity and Sizes
Most toaster ovens feature at least two toast capacity. However, our top picks can accommodate up to six bread slices. Larger capacity can save your time, but they may be heavier too or take up more countertop space. However, regardless of slice capacity you choose, look for an oven with deeper space. Generally, a good toaster oven can accommodate large bread slices without a problem.
Interior Size and Material
Toaster ovens are ideal for baking too. They are compact and easy to move around. Therefore, you must pick a toaster oven that can fit in a large pizza. Many of these models have a non-stick interior which is the best buying option as it’s easier to clean them.
Convenient Controlling Options
Most toaster ovens come with easy-to-use control panels. Some of them may be electronic panels featuring buttons, while many models feature adjustable knobs. As a user, you should buy something intuitive and easy to control.
The Best Toaster Ovens Under $100
Please note that prices of these products are under $100 as of the time of writing this article. All prices are subject to change by vendors.
- Fits Most Oven Pans - Use the pans you already have. This spacious oven fits most standard 9”x13” oven pans with handles. That means you can go from straight from oven to table. Plus, the included baking/broiling pan fits perfectly, making it easy to insert and remove food. Toasting rack also included.
- Convection Heating - The powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking. Other functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.Dedicated Toast Timer - Get perfect toast every time using the dedicated toast timer. It allows for predictable shade selection with every use.
- Temperatures in the oven will be lower than your set point. This is due to advanced heating elements used in this oven. Temperature dial settings have been calibrated to provide expected results for most recipes taking into account the advanced heating elements.
- 60-minute Timer - The 60-minute precision timer features stay-on functionality for longer baking tasks. Dedicated precision toast timer. 3 rack positions for improved cooking flexibility. Removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
The Black Decker Toaster Oven features a spacious interior that can fit standard oven pans inside. It has a stainless-steel body that ensures durability and sturdiness. Moreover, it supports the basic oven and toasting operations.
It’s a convection toaster oven featuring a toast timer. Hence, you can get up to eight consistently brown toasts at a time. Moreover, there is a 60-minute timer for the oven to support longer baking jobs. Inside the oven, you will find three rack positions to provide more flexibility while cooking.
The control features include adjustable knobs for time and temperature settings. Whether it’s baking, broiling, warming, or toasting, this toaster oven can do everything on its own. There is an additional crumb tray beneath the oven to collect breadcrumbs and keep your kitchen counter clean.
What Customers Think
Customers particularly like the large interior of this toaster oven. Moreover, they were surprised to see the build quality for a toaster under $100.
On the other hand, some customers complained about the material quality. One of the customers complained that the glass shattered just after a month. Moreover, a customer suggested that the temperature control isn’t too accurate.
- Easy access to food and countertop the roll top door moves up and out of the way so you can have safe, easy access to your food before, during and after cooking
- Easy to keep clean door is up and out of the way of messy spills and drips
- Convection, bake, broil & toast 2 rack positions and included bake pan makes it easy to get started on cooking a variety of foods
- Fits 6 slices of toast, 12 inches pizza and 9 inches X11 inches bake pan Spacious interior gives you room for cooking everything from snacks to side dishes
- Easy to use contoured knobs not only is this new design easier to maneuver, but they’re safer too
Hamilton Beach Countertop Toaster Oven is a stylish and compact toaster oven. There is a roll-top door to access food easily. The interior can hold a 12-inch pizza, so it’s a reasonably sized option.
The inner and outer body is made of steel which makes it sturdy and easy to clean. It’s a convection toaster oven that can bake, broil, heat, and toast. At a time, you can toast up to six slices.
There are contoured knobs for temperature adjustment and for setting the mode of the toaster oven. Moreover, there are two adjustable rack positions. So, whether it’s snacks or dishes, the Hamilton Beach toaster oven can cook everything.
Customers love the roll-up door mechanism because it provides easy access to food during and after cooking. However, the customer also complained that the fan makes a bit too much noise.
One of the users complained about the glass shattering within ten uses, which doesn’t score too well in sturdiness.
- 6 slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking. This Oster Large Digital Countertop Oven can fit up a pan with the measure of 2 inches height, 10.5 inches width and 12.5 inches length
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an oven
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Large interior can accommodate one 12 inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast; with 24 inch cord
- Includes Durable baking pan and removable crumb tray for easy cleanup. Watts: 1300w
If you prefer something stylish, the Oster toaster Oven will look great in your kitchen. It’s a countertop oven featuring a digital control panel for temperature setting and cooking modes.
The internal area comprises 12.5inch length and 10.5inch width. It’s a convection toaster oven that can go up to 450 degrees F. Moreover, it consumes up to 1300 Watts.
In terms of controls and cooking modes, there are seven options available. It allows you to toast up to six bread slices at a time. Its stainless-steel body and a dark-colored design give it a bold and impressive look.
Users are happy about the ease of use and less complexity. They also praise how they can easily bake a 12inch pizza inside the oven. Moreover, a user suggested that this oven can replace their full-sized oven in the kitchen.
On the other hand, one of the users complained that the crumb tray doesn’t correctly fit the oven. Also, the results may not be as consistent as the user complained of burnt toasts.
- ENDLESS FUNCTIONS: With 1800 watts of high-performance power you are able to toast, bagel, bake, broil, pizza and keep warm including other options
- CAPACITY: Fits 11-inch pizza or 6 slices of toast. .5-cubic feet inside oven toaster, Always EvenTM toast shade control offers consistent results slice after slice
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: The toaster oven has a stainless steel front with a cool-touch handle and easy-grip dials, easy-clean nonstick interior which makes cleaning up easy. Automatic shutoff safety feature, Always Even toast shade control for even toasting and a convenient auto-slide rack to remove cooked food easily
- INCLUDED: This beautiful stainless steel toaster oven comes with a baking pan, wire rack, front removable crumb tray with cool touch grip and a recipe book
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Cuisinart Toaster Oven features a full-sized interior, able to hold an 11inch pizza. Moreover, you can toast up to six slices at once, making it a time-saving option.
Features like shade control allow you to get consistent toast shades. The temperature adjustment and timer settings further enhance the rules giving you more power as a user.
It’s a stainless-steel toaster oven that supports baking, broiling, and toasting operations. The interior also features a non-stick coating to help in easy cleaning once you finish cooking. There is a removable tray, easy-grip handles, and front trays for convenient cooking.
Customers praise the appliance ergonomics thanks to its wider handles. Moreover, it heats up faster than the other toaster ovens, reducing cooking time.
On the other hand, some customers complained that the glass shattered after a few uses, which puts questions on these appliances’ durability.
Here are some commonly asked questions from the users.
What Can I Cook in a Toaster Oven?
With toaster ovens, you can bake, broil, and toast. So, you can virtually cook any food item, especially pizzas, cookies, toasts, etc.
How to Clean Inside of a Toaster Oven?
Cleaning a toaster oven is quite simple. You can use baking soda for cleaning by making a paste and applying it to the interior. Leave it for a few hours and then wipe it with a wet cloth.
How to Clean the Outside of a Toaster Oven?
Use a wet cloth to wipe off any dirt and stains from the oven surface. Make sure that the oven is unplugged and cool to touch. I’ve you’ve just used the oven, wait for it to completely cool and return to neutral temperature.
Toaster ovens are beneficial because of the wide range of operations that they can perform. They are compact, durable, and offer good value for money. So, now that you know the options for Toaster ovens under $100, it’s time to bring one for your kitchen.