Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 vs Prep 11 Plus: What’s The Difference?
If you’re in the market for an 11-cup food process, Cuisinart has many of the top rated ones in that capacity. In this post, we look at and compare two of their most popular models: The Pro Custom 11 and Prep 11 Plus. Both are 11-cups and have the same functions of mixing, chopping, shredding, kneading, puree and slicing, but are they exactly the same? That’s what we’ll find out in this post.
Features of Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:
- Functions include: slicing, making dough, shredding, mincing and mixing.
- Includes 3 slicing and shredding stainless steel discs, a chopping blade and a spatula.
- Work bowl capacity is 11 cups.
- Dough cup capacity is 2.5 cups of flour.
- Extra large feed tube for larger foods.
- ABS housing material.
- Power: 625watts.
Features of Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus Food Processor:
- Functions: shredding, slicing, dough making, chopping and mixing.
- Includes slicing and shredding discs, chopping blade and detachable blade stem.
- Also includes a spatula.
- Automatic speed adjustment to ensure proper dough mixing.
- Wide feed tube fits a whole fruit or vegetable.
- Capacity: 11-cups
- Dough cup capacity: 4 cups.
- Touch-pad control with on, off, pulse and dough buttons.
- Power: 625 watts
- brushed stainless steel housing.
What Is The Difference Between The Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 vs. Prep 11 Plus?
Although the Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 and Prep 11 Plus seem to perform the same tasks and have the same capacity, there’s still a difference between the two food processors that might make you prefer one over the other:
- Prep 11 Plus has a brushed stainless steel housing.
- Pro Custom 11 has plastic housing.
- Prep 11 Plus has a touch pad control panel with on/off, pulse and dough.
- Pro Custom 11 has two push-buttons, on and off/pulse.
- The Prep 11 Plus has the ability to auto adjust speed to ensure dough is properly and thoroughly mixed.
- Both food processors have 11-cup capacity.
- However, the Prep 11 Plus has a 4 cup flour capacity while the Pro Custom 11 has a 2.5 Flour capacity.
- Both food processors have 625 watts power.
- Pro Custom 11 has 3 years limited warranty with 5 years motor warranty.
- Prep 11 Plus has 3 years limited warranty with 10 years motor warranty.
Which One Should You Buy?
While there isn’t a huge difference when it comes to price, we do believe one of the models will give you a lot more value than the other and that model is the Prep 11 Plus:
- If you’re going to make dough using the food processor, you’ll like that it has a generous 4 cup flour capacity instead of the 2.5 cups the Pro Custom 11 offers.
- The automatic speed adjustment will make sure your dough is well mixed without much effort on your part.
- It has better designed control panel that operates by simple touch.
- It has a wide feed tube that can take in full fruit or vegetable.
- The Prep 11 Plus gives you 3 years limited warranty, which is the same as the Pro Custom 11, but it offers an extended 10 years warranty on the motor.
Watch How It Works: