Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill + Foodi Pro: Review and Comparison
If you’re looking for an all in one indoor grill that is virtually smoke free, you’ve come to the right place. Ninja has come up with yet another innovation for your kitchen. An indoor grill to rule them all!
The Ninja Foodi indoor grill is full packed with features that make your daily cooking a breeze while taking your recipes to the next level. The multi-purpose grill can sear, sizzle, air fry, grill, roast, bake and dehydrate. This opens up a whole lot for you to cook using the same appliance.
The Ninja Foodi is available in two models: Ninja Foodi Grill and Ninja Foodi Pro. In this post, you’ll read about the features of each indoor grill and how they compare.
Features of Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill:
- Prepare healthy and delicious meals in no time using multiple cooking settings.
- Grill settings: low, medium, high, max. Air fry crisp, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate
- Includes different accessories to help you create the perfect recipes: Grill grate, 4-qt Crisper basket (for air frying), 6-qt capacity cooking pot.
- Temperature range goes from 105F to 500F
- Cyclonic grilling technology rapidly circulates air around food while the sizzling grill grate creates a classic char-grilled marks and flavor in your food.
- Smoke-free grilling: thanks to the temperature controlled grill grate, splatter shield and cool air zone, which work to reduce smoke.
- You can go from frozen to perfectly grilled food in 25 minutes.
- Easy to use control panel with touch button and LCD display.
- All cooking parts (grill grate, pot and basket) are dishwasher safe.
Ninja Foodi (AG301) vs. Ninja Foodi Pro (AG400), What’s The Difference?
The Ninja Foodi Pro grill has everything the Ninja Foodi Grill has. But it comes with one additional feature that every person who wants their food precisely grilled would appreciate; and that is a Smart Probe.
The Foodi Pro includes a probe that monitors the interior temperature of your food (meats) as it’s being cooked, and it automatically stops once it has reached your desired temperature. This feature would make all the difference in grills steaks, for example, as it would make it a lot easier to know when you’ve reached your desired doneness automatically. Ninja even makes it easier for you by providing a guide of the exact settings for each doneness level.
When using the probe, the grill will no longer use time as a measurement of when your food is done, but it uses temperature instead.
Other than this, both Ninja Foodi Grill and Foodi Pro are exactly the same.
Coating on the Cooking Accessories:
An important question that we usually get when reviewing any thing with nonstick attachment is, what kind of coating do these items have?
And that’s a great question to ask. Coatings are not created equal, and some wear out quite easily.
The Ninja Foodi Grill uses ceramic coating for the grill grate, crisper basket and cooking pot. Which is an excellent coating as it’s durable, cleans very easily and is dishwasher safe.
The Ninja Foodi Grill includes a 10″x10″ grilling grate, 6 qt cooking pot, 4 qt air frying basket and a cleaning brush.
The Ninja Foodi Pro Grill includes a 10″x10″ grilling grate, 6 qt cooking pot, 4 qt air frying basket, roasting rack and the smart probe. As well as a cleaning brush.
Other accessories such as a griddle tray, griddle cup, dehydrator rack or veggie tray are sold separately.