Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill vs. Cuisinart GR-300WS Griddler Elite Grill – Full Comparison
- Three heat settings: Low, Panini and Sear (310 to 450F)
- Element IQ auto-adjustment detects the drop in temperature when you introduce cold ingredients to the pre-heated surface and automatically injects more heat to bring the Smart Grill back up to temperature and compensate for heat-loss.
- Adjustable timer.
- LCD display with light color indicator to show you which stage the grill is on (preheating or hot).
- Display also displays temperature and timer.
- 6 adjustable height. – lower settings reduce the weight on more delicate foods and also prevent toppings from being pressed out of sandwiches.
- Can be opened flat for BBQ mode.
- Removable plates for easy cleaning.
- Integrated removable drip tray.
- PFOA free non stick coating on the cast-aluminum plates.
- Brushed stainless steel housing.
- Includes one flat plate and one ribbed plate.
- Dimensions: 14″ x 14″ x 5 3/4″
Features of the Cuisinart GR300-WS Elite Grill:
- Cooking functions: contact grill, Panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle, top melt
- Removable and reversible plates for grill/griddle functions.
- Dual zone temperature: each side of the grill can operate at different temperatures.
- 6 adjustable height settings.
- Sear function heats up to 500F for 2 minutes at a time.
- LCD display shows you timer, temperature, function.
- Can be opened flat.
- Plates are dishwasher safe.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Dimensions: 14.7 x 16.2 x 8.1 inches
What Is The Difference Between Breville Smart Grill vs. Cuisinart Elite Grill?
Image Title Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill Cuisinart GR-300WS Griddler Elite Grill, Stainless Steel Feature Removable, dishwasher safe plates with Element IQ
Opens flat to 'BBQ Mode'
Voltage- 110-120Volts,1800 watt embedded heating design. 310- 450F variable temperature control with Low, Panini, and Sear Modes
6 adjustable height settings
Integrated, removable drip tray. Removable, dishwasher-safe plates.
Six cooking options in one: contact grill, Panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle, top melt
Removable, reversible and nonstick grill/griddle plates
Dual zone temperature control
Adjustable top cover with 6 presets to top melt and lock for storage
Sear function - can sear at 500 Degree Fahrenheit for up to two minutes at a time
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- Cuisinart Elite includes a set of reversible plates. One side is grill side, and the other side is a flat griddle.
- Breville Smart Grill includes a set of plate, but each plate is different. One is flat and another grill plate. Additional plates can be purchased separately.
- Neither the Breville or Cuisinart Grill have a compatible waffle plate.
- One of the best features on the Cuisinart Elite Grill is the dual zone temperature control. This means you can operate each side of the grill on a different temperature setting. Also, the highest temperature is 500F for searing.
- The Breville does not have dual temperature control. The highest setting is 450F. But it has Element IQ, which is a feature that detects cold ingredients and automatically adjusts the temperature to heat it up quickly after pre-heating.
- Height control is important in a contact grill. In this case, both the Breville and Cuisinart have 6 different height adjustments.
- The Cuisinart Elite is a bit larger than the Breville Smart Grill, so it gives you more space to work with.
- Cuisinart’s drip tray is located at the back and it is exposed, so it might cause some spilling.
- Breville’s drip tray design is more like a drawer and it’s fully covered, so it contains fats and drips in a better way.
Which Is Best To Buy?
Between the Breville Smart Grill and Cuisinart Grill Elite, we are leaning towards the Cuisinart for these reasons:
- The Dual Zone Temperature allows you to do more at the same time. Different food cooks at different temperatures, so having each side operate at a different temperature will allow you to cook a variety of food at the same time.
- Reversible plates are a great way to get more out of your grill without the need to have more plates.
- Larger size means more space to cook more food.
- Price wise, it is more affordable than the Breville.
Cuisinart GR-300WS Elite Grill:
Cooking with the Breville Smart Grill: