With an array of blender available on the market, it is always hard to pick the right one. Ninja has a wide range of blenders to choose from. However, Foodi Cold and Hot stands out with a new feature that other Ninja blenders don’t have: a heating motor that allows you to create hot soups right in the blender!
Features of Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender:
- High-speed blender with Auto IQ preset programs
- Choose from 12 programs to create smoothies, soups, frozen drinks, sauces and more.
- 1400-peak watt motor with high speed blade for ice crushing
- 800-watts heating element for creating hot soups and infused drinks.
- 64 oz glass pitcher (56 oz max cold liquid capacity).
- Preset Programs:
- Cold programs: Smoothie, Frozen Drinks, Extract Ice Cream
- Hot programs: Saute, Hearty Soup, Sauce/Dip, Smooth Soup.
- Infuse Programs: Mixer, Water, Cocktail
- Speeds: Low, Med, High
- Manual settings for blending and cooking.
- Manual Pulse.
- Automatic heated cleaning program.
What Can You Make Using Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender?
The Ninja Foodi blender is quite versatile. You can make any cold concoction: smoothies, milk shakes, margaritas… you can liquefy any fruit or vegetables for a juice-like creation or you can your frozen fruit into an ice cream. Thanks to the new heated element in the blender, you can now make hot soups (as in boiling hot) in a few minutes. You can also make drips, sauces and nut butters.
The heating element is also great for two things: sauting and infusing. How do you saute using a blender, though? The heating element in the blender will lightly heat any ingredients you add (think, garlic or onions) to bring out more flavor before you add any additional ingredients. Infusing works the same way, it using heat to bring out more flavor out of your fruit to create fruit flavored water or cocktails.
How to Clean the Pitcher:
The pitcher of the Foodi blender is not to be submerged in water, so it’s not dishwasher safe and can be tricky to wash. How do you clean it then?
Using the cleaning program you’ll add water, detergent and let the blender do the rest. Not only will it “blend” the water but will also bring it to boiling hot temperature to get rid of any tough residue. After that you’ll do a quick rinse in the sink without the need to submerge the pitcher.
Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot Blender vs Ninja Chef High Speed Blender
Ninja Chef is another high speed blender that does a great job of blend, crushing, pureeing and has variable speed to give you even more control over your recipes. But how does it compare to the Foodi Cold and Hot blender?
Wattage: Ninja Chef has 1500 watts motor vs. Foodi’s 1400 watts motor, so it’s more powerful.
Heating: The Ninja Chef does not have heating option.
Programs: Ninja Chef has 10 preset programs: Smoothie, extract, frozen drink, flour/mill, soup, ice cream, puree, dip/salsa, dressing, nut butter. So far, all these programs are also available in the Foodi Cold and Hot (despite having some slight different names), so both perform the same ‘Cold’ tasks. But since the Chef blender doesn’t have a heating motor, it is missing programs like Saute, Infuse or Hearty Soup.
Manual Controls: Ninja Chef has 10 manual mode speeds with variable speed control for more customization and control over your recipes. Ninja Foodi has 6 manual modes with 3 speeds only.
Total Crushing Blades: Ninja Foodi blender features Ninja’s Total Crushing blades, so expect it to perform a better job with ice and frozen ingredients.
Personal Size Cups: Ninja Chef is compatible with personal size blending cups allows you to create smoothies and enjoy them right out of the blending cup. Ninja Foodi is not compatible with the single-serve blending cup.
Capacity: Ninja Chef has larger capacity at 72 oz (64oz max liquid capacity). Ninja Foodi has 64 oz capacity pitcher (56 oz max liquid capacity).
Pitcher Material: Ninja Chef has a plastic pitcher while the Foodi Cold and Hot Blender has a glass pitcher.
Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot vs Vitamix
Vitamix is one of the leading blenders out here, and has had the soup heating option since the beginning. So it’s safe to say it is quite comparable to the Ninja Foodi Cold and Hot in what they can do. But how do you choose between them?
For this comparison I choose the Vitamix 5200 blender which is their entry level model and can be compared to Ninja’s blender.
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes. Compatibility-Legacy Series
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
If Vitamix is know for one thing, then it’s the blender’s variable speed control. This model has no preset programs like the Foodi does, but it has 10 speeds and two power options to fine tune your blending speed and power and create different textures.
Like the Ninja Foodi, you can make steaming hot soups in a matter of minutes.
Using a Vitamix, you can do anything from smoothies, frozen treats, batters, dressings and dips, soups and purees, nut butters and more.
Using this Vitamix model, you can blend single cups using the right personal cup adapter. These are sold separately, though.
The Vitamix 5200 has a plastic pitcher, which many customers might not prefer to use with hot soups. But it’s BPA free and it’s the durable kind so you don’t have to worry about longevity.
One of the great things about Vitamix is that it’s engineered and still made in the USA, which is something you rarely find in an appliance company.