- What to Look For in an Air Purifier for Your Kitchen (or Home)
- Particle Filters
- Odor and Gas Filters
- Energy Consumption
- Filter Service Indicator
- Best Air Purifiers for Cooking and Kitchen Odors
- Do Air Purifiers Get Rid of Kitchen and Cooking Odors?
- Where Should I Put an Air Purifier in the Kitchen?
- How to Pick an Air Purifier for the Kitchen?
Having to bear with the annoying kitchen and cooking odor is something no one is willing to live with. Therefore, air purifiers and odor removers became essential equipment to prevent the build-up of unwanted odor, either in kitchens or around the house.
Because the primary objective is to clean the air, air purifiers help keep a soothing tone inside your house and kitchen. Besides keeping smoke, dust and dander particles at bay, they remove odors and give a pleasant aura to your home.
So, if you’re looking to keep the smell of your house fresh, especially after cooking, this article features some of the best air purifiers for your kitchen.
What to Look For in an Air Purifier for Your Kitchen (or Home)
It can be overwhelming to pick the right air purifier because there are so many options available. However, here are some essential features to consider:
Air purifiers mainly clean the air by capturing tiny particles from it. However, there are dedicated gas and odor filters too. So, these filters may be characterized into two categories.
These filters can filter out larger particles from the air. So, these filters have three main types, i.e., Ionizer, Fibrous Media filters, and Electrostatic Precipitation.
Odor and Gas Filters
The gas filters mainly filter unwanted odors and volatile organic compounds which originate from cooking. These filters have three types, i.e., Plasmawave, Active Carbon Filters, and Photocatalytic Oxidation filters.
Air purifiers have a fan inside, which will understandably generate noise. Since purifiers must run all the time, the noise can be a disturbing factor. Therefore, anything under 50 decibels is a decent noise rating for a purifier.
Since air purifiers run all the time, you must be careful not to choose a high energy-consuming model. Generally, air purifiers consume between 5 to 200 watts. Moreover, it’s better to buy a model with an Energy Star rating.
Prefilters can help prolong the life of your primary filters. They can collect the larger particles from the air, making the job easier for the primary inner filters. So, washable pre filters are more suitable because they are easy to clean and reusable too.
Filter Service Indicator
Many air purifiers feature a filter indicator that informs you when to change or service your primary filter. Generally, there is an indicator light that notifies about a clogged filter.
Normally, air purifiers sit in one place and they’ll do their job without needing to transfer them from one place to another. The size of the purifier will depend on the size of the space you want to cover. However, if you want a purifier specifically for your kitchen, it is recommended that you get a smaller portable sized purifier that you will be able to place on your countertop or the floor, keeping it close to the source of the odors.
Best Air Purifiers for Cooking and Kitchen Odors
Here are our top picks for air purifiers and kitchen odors. Have a look:
- Captures indoor smoke and outdoor smoke that gets indoors.
- 3-in-1 filter includes pre-filter layer and a combination of an activated carbon and high efficiency filter that work to capture 99.7% of 0.3 micron particles or larger on sleep mode, including pollen, dust, smoke, and dander.
- Activated carbon captures common household odors, pet odors and volatile organic compounds.
- Operates at a whisper-quiet level to contribute to a peaceful sleeping environment.
- Choose between high or low fan speed, as well as a sleep fan speed that operates at a whisper quiet sound level.
This is a compact purifier weighing under five pounds. It features a 3 in 1 filter that contains a prefilter layer, activated carbon, and filters that guarantee up to 99.7% efficiency. It can capture as small as 0.3micron particles.
Hence, it easily captures dust, dander, smoke, and pollen. Moreover, the activated carbon technology prevents unwanted odors from volatile organic compounds, pets, and cooking odors.
You can adjust the fan speed between low and high, and there is a sleep fan that ensures quiet operation during sleeping hours, if you ever decide to use it out of the kitchen. It’s an electric-powered purifier suitable for spaces of less than 100sq.ft. or less.
Customers are pretty happy with the efficiency and the quiet operations—one of the customers mentioned how this purifier reduced the pet odors from their golden retriever.
On the other hand, a customer complaint suggested that the purifier had a strong smell due to chemicals, causing headaches and inconvenience. Although these smells usually fade within the first few days of use.
No products found.
The AIPER purifier consists of HEPA filters of H13 technology. There are multiple layers of dust filters with an active carbon that guarantees a filtering efficiency of up to 99.98% to capture particles up to 0.3 microns and more extensive. It also collects pet dander, and the pollen remover keeps you from allergies.
Therefore, it efficiently absorbs cooking odors, smoke, and other household odors. Moreover, it has an impressive noise level of just 30 decibels, keeping it quiet, especially during the night hours.
It’s a compact purifier featuring a filter change indicator. The manufacturer recommends changing the filter every six months.
A user mentioned how the purifier considerably reduced the dust inside their house. Moreover, the timer functions for up to 8 hours, so it automatically turns ON/OFF.
Some users complained that the purifier has a hefty price and didn’t make too much difference to their household.
No products found.
The TaoTronics Air purifier features H13 filtering technology with a three-layer filtration mechanism to provide the ultimate cleaning and air purification. The purifier is suitable for up to 324 sq. ft. areas.
It’s a quiet purifier with only 25dB noise levels. You can choose from three fan speed levels. Also, the auto speed adjustment feature aligns with the air quality to ensure the best air purification.
There is a timer for 2 to 12 hours, so you can turn on the purifier when away from home. Also, the filter change reminder ensures that you can prevent the filters from clogging.
It collects dander, dust, and odors with an efficiency of 99.97% at 0.3 microns. Moreover, there are color-coded light indicators that show the air quality inside the room.
One of the customers lauded the child lock on this purifier. The air quality sensors help set the operating mode of the purifier.
On the other hand, a customer review suggests no visible difference in the air quality, and there might be some problems with the air filters.
- OZONE FREE: Our most popular air purifier series is back with an all-new smart model. Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, which is especially harmful for Asthma sufferers and pets
- GENUINE REPLACEMENT FILTERS: For the best performance and longest lifespan, use genuine Levoit replacement filters. Use the in-app feature to monitor your filter life. When it’s time for a fresh filter, search “Core 200S-RF”
- EFFECTIVE PURIFICATION: The compact frame and 360° design help the Core 200S purify the air wherever you put it, refreshing the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 183 ft² / 17 m². The optimal air cleaning performance can only be delivered by powerful motors installed on products over 6 pounds
- IMPROVED FILTRATION: While the ultra-fine Nylon Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture large particles and absorb odors and fumes, the H13 True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants 0.3 microns in size, ridding your environment of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and more
- QUIET OPERATION: With noise levels as low as 24dB, the Core 200S cleans your air without keeping you up at night. For a completely uninterrupted sleep, turn off all lights with the Display Off button
This is a smart air purifier that comes with a smartphone-operated remote control. So, you can check all the parameters like air quality, night lighting, and filter status on your smartphone.
It’s a compact design, allowing air intake from 360 degrees. Its HEPA filters containing active carbon and nylon pre filters ensure filtration of up to 99.97% for particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. Hence, it takes care of dust, pollen, cooking odors, and mold inside the house.
Quiet noise levels of only 24 dB ensure that you get a peaceful night’s sleep. Moreover, you can control the cleaner through voice control features compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa.
Generally, the customer response is excellent for this purifier. One of the customers mentioned how the Wi-Fi control worked as a bonus for them. It’s a good option for smaller rooms as it purifies and takes away unwanted odor.
One user complained that the purifier just stopped working even though they used a voltage converter for safer operations.
Let’s answer some commonly asked questions about air purifiers.
Do Air Purifiers Get Rid of Kitchen and Cooking Odors?
Yes! Air purifiers feature a sophisticated set of filters that can remove particles from the air and purify gases and odors from the air. VOC filters are specifically helpful because they clean the air from cooking oil vapors and organic cooking material.
Where Should I Put an Air Purifier in the Kitchen?
Keep the air purifier closer to the source of pollutants. So, keep it near the stove, maintaining a safe distance to prevent catching fire accidentally. It also helps in preventing molds and bacteria inside the kitchen.
How to Pick an Air Purifier for the Kitchen?
Pick the air purifiers with active carbon filters. A compact-sized filter is easy to store and move around. It’s better to keep a dedicated air purifier for the kitchen because the area needs consistent air cleaning.
Air purifiers for the kitchen are essential equipment that can keep your house fresh and free from harmful dust and odors. Whether it’s cooking odors, smoke or if you live in a dusty environment, an air purifier will make all the difference in the quality of air in your home.