Breville Smart Oven Air or Pro? How Do They Compare?
Breville’s Smart Ovens have been quite a popular choice, and we’ve compared many of their models before in case you missed them:
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven vs. BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro
- Breville BOV800XL vs. BOV650XL, and
- Breville BOV800XL vs. BOV450XL
Now, there’s a new addition that we need to add to the list: Breville BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air.
What Is New In Breville BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air?
Just by looking at the photo, you’d think Breville keeps releasing the same oven over and over again. That is of course NOT the case, the Breville Smart Oven Air packs new amazing features that you’ll want to check out.
- It has a large 1 cu. ft capacity. It is large enough to fit a 12-peice muffin pan, 13″ Pizza pan or 9 slices of toast.
- It has 6 independent Quartz heating elements that move power where it is needed the most, above or below the food.
- It has a fan with two speeds: regular or Super. Super moves air rapidly for quicker and more even roasting.
- It has Air Frying and Dehydrate functions.
- 13 preset functions include: toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, air fry, reheat, cookies, slow cook and dehydrate.
- LCD screen with dial knobs for easy control and programability.
- Dials: Function, Time, Temperature Conversion.
- Buttons: Frozen Food Defrost.
- 13” nonstick pizza pan
- 13”x9” enamel baking pan
- Stainless steel roasting rack
- (2) Heavy duty oven racks
- AirFry/Dehydrate mesh basket
- 16 x 13.5 x 7 in
Breville Smart Oven Air vs. Pro (BOV845BSS), What’s The Difference Between Them?
Image Title Breville BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air, Silver Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, 1800 W, Stainless Steel Feature Included Accessories:- 13-Inch nonstick pizza pan, 13"x9" enamel baking pan, Stainless steel roasting rack, (2) Heavy duty oven racks, AirFry/Dehydrate mesh basket
Capacity:- 1 cu.ft., 16 x 13.5 x 7 in : Fits standard 9" x 13" baking pan, 12-cup muffin tray and 9 slices of toast.
Warranty 2 Year Limited Product Warranty
1800 W - 5 Quartz Elements with Element IQ move the heat where and when it's needed
Slow Cook Function designed for long cook times at low temperatures
Interior Oven Light with replaceable 25W G9 halogen bulb
Convection fan for fast & even cooking
Dutch oven capacity
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
The biggest difference between the two models is:
Smart Oven Air (BOV900BSS) has air frying and dehydrate functions. Which adds a lot to its functionality.
- Smart Oven Air has 6 heating elements, while the Smart Oven Pro has 5.
- Smart Oven Air is larger in capacity, it can take up to 9 slices of toast. The Smart Over Pro on the other hand takes up to 6 slices of toast. However, both can accommodate a 13″ Pizza pan.
- On the Smart Oven Air, the convection fan has 2-speeds which gives you more control over your cooking. You can choose from regular speed or Super speed. The Smart Oven Pro has a fan, but it works at one speed only.
- Both ovens have Slow Cooking feature.
What Is Air Frying and Dehydrate Features?
You’ve probably heard of an Air Fryer, an appliance that allows you to recreate fried food but in a much healthier way. With Breville’s Smart Oven Air, you have an air fryer built into your oven, no need for an additional appliance! Air Frying uses high heat and super convection to maximize air flow and cook delicious and crispy food that is similar to fried food but without all the fat.
Another appliance used for making healthy snacks in a food dehydrator, which is another thing you won’t need to buy because it’s built in to your Smart Oven Air. With the Dehydrate option, you can create delicious snacks like dried fruit (banana chips, for example), beef jerky, dried tomatoes and more!
What Is Elements IQ Technology?
Elements IQ is one of the feature that make Breville’s Smart Ovens, SMART! The ovens have independent elements on the top and bottom of the oven. How many elements depends on the model you choose. These elements power up where they are needed the most to give you the best results possible. For example: if you choose the Broil function, Elements IQ will concentrate the heat on the top elements so it melts and browns the food for the best Broiling results. Toast function will activate the top and bottom elements for evenly crisp toast and so on. But that’s not all, depending on what you’re cooking, the elements can operate at different power, too. You have the control over the temperature, too. So if you’re not happy with the pre-sets, you can change them as you please.
Watch The Breville Smart Oven Air in Action:
- Bread Makers
- Cookware Sets
- Design Ideas and Inspiration
- Electric Tea Makers
- Food Processors
- Grills & Griddles
- Hot Cold Water Dispensers
- In Sink Disposals
- Kitchen Electronics
- Kitchen Essentials
- Kitchen Faucets
- Kitchen Islands/Utility Carts
- Kitchen Knives
- Kitchen Lighting
- Kitchen Sinks
- Range Hoods
- Rice Cookers
- Stand Mixers
- Tips & How To