Breville Smart Oven Comparison: BOV800XL vs. BOV650XL vs. Cuisinart TOB-260
If you’ve been considering either of Breville’s Smart Ovens, you’ll find this post to be very useful to help you with your decision. We will be looking at the difference between two popular Breville smart ovens: BOV800XL vs. BOV650XL.
Features of Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven:
- 1800Watts power convection oven.
- Capacity: 13 inch pizza, 6 toast slices.
- 5 Quarts heating element.
- 9 Pre-set functions: toast, bagel, bake, cookies, pizza, roast, broil, reheat and warm.
- Element IQ technology adjusts 5 individual heating elements to cook food evenly.
- Includes: Baking pan, broil rack, pizza pan.
- LCD backlit display for easy control.
- Auto-eject wire rack, removable crumb tray.
Features of Breville BOV650XL Smart Oven:
- 1800watts power (non-convection).
- Capacity: 12-inch Pizza, 4 Toast slices.
- 4 Quartz heating elements.
- Equipped with Elements IQ.
- 8 Pre-set functions: toast, bagel, bake, cookies, pizza, roast, broil and reheat.
- Includes: Baking pan, broil rack.
- Removable crumb tray.
What Is The Difference Between BOV800XL and BOV650XL:
- The BOV800XL is larger in capacity than the BOV650XL.
- BOV800XL has 5 Quartz elements vs. 4 Quartz for the BOV650XL.
- BOV800XL has 9 pre-sets, while the BOV650XL has 8. “Warm” being the extra pre-set.
- The BOV800XL has an extra accessory: the Pizza pan, in addition to the broil and baking pan which are included with both units.
- Both ovens work exactly the same, with a few differences on the control panels. On the BOV800XL, you’ll notice all pre-sets are displayed on the screen, while with the BOV650XL, the pre-sets are named on the dial knob.
- The BOV800XL features auto-eject for its rack. This features isn’t available on the BOV650XL.
Breville BOV800XL vs. Cuisinart TOB-260 Chef’s Convection Oven, What’s The Difference?
The Cuisinart TOB-260 is another great choice for a toaster oven. It has many similar features to the Breville BOV800XL, but also other features that makes it stand out:
- It has 15 pre-set cooking functions.
- Capacity wise, it fits a 13″ Pizza, 9 slices of bread.
- DualCook features allows you to automatically switch from one settings to another at your set time.
- Speed Conviction heats up the oven very quickly for faster cooking time.
- Includes a 13″ pizza stone, as well as a baking pan and a broil pan.
Breville BOV800XL vs. Cuisinart TOB-195, What’s The Difference?
Now the Cuisinart TOB-195 is a quite similar in features to the TOB-260, however, you’ll notice that the design has been significantly updated so it has less buttons and easier controls. The design of the TOB-195 also doesn’t compare to Breville BOV800XL, which also features way less buttons and easier controls. Features wise:
- The TOB-195 is smaller in size than both the TOB-260 and Breville BOV800XL, with 0.6 cubic-foot capacity, fits a 12″ Pizza.
- Two rack position, instead of 3 for both the TOB-260 and Breville BOV800XL.
The TOB-195 has been discontinued by Cuisinart, so we wouldn’t recommend buying it over either the Breville or Cuisinart TOB-260.
Which Is Best To Buy? The Breville BOV800XL or Cuisinart TOB-260?
Although the Cuisinart TOB-260 does have additional pre-sets, slightly larger bread capacity (but the same pizza size), we still think the Breville BOV800XL is the winner, here’s why:
- Because the Breville ovens feature heating elements with IQ technology, it ensures you get thoroughly distributed heat so your food is always evenly cooked. It assigns wattage power to each element according to what you’re cooking, so you get the best results.
- Also, pre-sets can be customized to your liking, and customization will remain in the memory of the oven until you reset it.
- It has automatic calculation for time and temperature needed for the food you’re cooking (always can be changed as you like).
- The LCD display changes color depending on the cycle its on: it’s orange during pre-heating and blue when it’s cooking. Which takes a lot of the guess work out.
It terms of design, we prefer the Breville BOV800XL as it certainly does live up to its Smart title.
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Kitchen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.