Which Breville Juicer Is The Best To Buy? Here’s Our Definitive Buying Guide!
In This Post:
- Difference Between a Centrifugal and Masticating Juicer
- Best Rated Breville Juicers
- Breville JE98XL Fountain Plus vs. BJE430SIL Juice Fountain Cold
- Which Breville Juicer Is Best To Buy
- Frequently Asked Questions About Breville Juicers
- Video Reviews
Breville is an Australian brand that has grown in popularity world wide due to it’s super quality and sleek design for kitchen appliances. Breville pays good attention to their design without compromising the user experience, and this applies to all their appliances, including juicers, which is what we will talk about in this post.
Before we get into which Breville Juicer is best to buy, let’s talk about the kind of juicers and difference between them.
Centrifugal vs. Masticating, Which Type of Juicer Do You Want?
The two most popular type of juicers is the Centrifugal and Masticating (Slow) juicers.
- The Centrifugal Juicer is the most common of these two and has been around in a long time. This type of juicer uses a spinning blade that runs against a filter, which works on separately the juice from the flesh of the fruit or vegetable. Traditionally, with a centrifugal juicer there are two containers, one that catches the juice and another for the pulp of the fruit/veg.
- With a Masticating Juicer, the fruit/veg is first crushed then slowly pressed to give you the most out of what you’re pressing. This type of juicer is newer than Centrifugal juicers and it’s known for its slow processing.
Pros and Cons of a Centrifugal and Masticating Juicer:
- While Centrifugal juicers are more popular and more affordable than Masticating juicers, there’s one issue with them. Centrifugal juicers spin very fast, and that spinning produces heat that actually kills some of the good enzymes of the fruit or vegetables you’re juicing. So with a centrifugal juicer, you’re not getting the full nutrients from your juice.
- On the other hand, a masticating juicer works at only 70 to 80 rpm (in comparison to centrifugal speed of over 6000 rpm). Therefor, no heat is produced and no enzymes are kills. Also, a masticating juicer first crushes then presses the fruit, so the whole process is different and is designed to yield more juice and maximum nutrient.
- Another great benefit of a masticating juicer is that (some) can do a lot more than just juicing, they can create nut butters, nut milks, and a few other tasks that make them worth their high price tag.
The 3 Top Rated Breville Juicers:
The Breville JE98XL Fountain Plus Juicer:
- Can juice a 8 oz cup in just 5 seconds.
- 850-watts power. Works at 6,500 rpm on low and 12,000 rpm on high)
- Extra wide 3” chute with stainless steel cutting disc and Italian made micro mesh.
- Can accommodate most fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting.
- Can extract up to 30% more juice and up to 80% more vitamins than other juicers.
- Includes a 1 liter juice container and large capacity pulp container.
- Overload protection LED indicator.
- Included accessories: includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
Is The Breville JE98XL Fountain Plus a Masticating or Centrifugal Juicer?
The Breville JE98XL Fountain Plus is a Centrifugal juicer. It has a low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm with micromesh central filter.
Breville JE98XL Fountain Plus vs. BJE430SIL Juice Fountain Cold, What’s The Difference?
Image Title Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold Feature Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds. Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers.
850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector
Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Control Style: Features a 3 position switch FAST, OFF, and SLOW
Speed: Low speed-6500rpm High speed_ 13000rpm
Quieter operation. Extra Wide-Whole Fruit Feed Chute
Seal & Store 70 Fluid Ounce Juice Jug
Pulp Container Capacity: Extra Large capacity 3.6 qt. (3.4 L) pulp container. Juice Jug Capacity: Seal & Store 70 fl. oz. (2L) Juice Jug with froth separator. Feed Chute Size : Extra large 3" wide (7.6 cm) feed chute maximizes efficiency and cuts down prep time.
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold is the new and improved Fountain Plus. It’s been upgraded to include some improvements:
- The Juice Fountain Cold is much quieter than the Fountain Plus.
- It works on a low speed of 6,500 rpm and high speed of 13,000 rpm (higher than Juice Fountain Plus’ 12,000 rpm).
- It has Cold Spin Technology which ensures very little temperature transfer from the spinning process.
- It has a larger 2L juice jug
- It has the same large 3” wide chute, so little to no cutting is required.
Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer:
- 240-watts power. Very quiet motor.
- Works at 80 rpm speed.
- Juices by crushing then squeezing the ingredients.
- Masticating juicer ensures you get every bit of nutrient in your juice.
- Produces thicker yet smooth juices.
- Direction control allows you to reverse the way the juicer is going to dislodge any stuck fruit.
- Filter basket with auto purifying.
- Versatile use: can juice anything from soft to hard fruit and vegetable. As well as leafy greens like wheatgrass.
Breville BJE820XL Fountain Duo Dual Disc Juicer:
- Centrifugal juicer.
- 1200Watts power.
- Includes dual discs: one for juicing another for puree.
- Has 5 speeds to get the best out of the type of ingredient you’re juicing.
- Heavy-grade die-cast metal body.
- Stainless steel mesh filter basket for shredding fruit and spinning out pulp.
- Puree disc ensures you get maximum yield from juicing soft fruits.
- Includes a 1.2 liter juice jug.
Which Breville Juicer Is The Right One For You?
Firs thing you need to decide on is whether you want a centrifugal or a masticating juicer.
How To Choose Between a Centrifugal or Masticating Juicer?
- If you like your juice on the lighter side and don’t care if you’re not getting the MAXIMUM amount of nutrients in your juice (you’re still getting good nutrients!), and happened to have a budget of under $200, a Centrifugal is the right choice of you. Either the Breville Fountain Plus or Juice Fountain Cold would make a great choice for you.
- If you prefer your juice of thick and smooth texture (almost smoothie-like), while getting the most out of your ingredients, then you’ll definitely want a masticating juicer. However, you’ll need a budget of over $200 for a proper one. Apart from Breville’s Fountain Crush, we’d also recommend you look at OMEGA juicers, too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which Breville Juicer Did Joe Cross Use in His Documentary ‘Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead’?
Thanks to Joe Cross, many and many people have lost A LOT of weight with his easy to follow juicing diet. In his documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Did, you see him travelling with his Breville Juicer, which proofs to be dependable and quick and easy to use.
Which Breville Juicer Did Joe Use?
Joe used the Breville Fountain Plus juicer, which is a centrifugal juicer. If you want to learn more about Joe Cross and his juicing recipes, check out his books.
Is The Breville 800JEXL Fountain Elite a Masticating Juicer?
No, it’s a centrifugal juicer.
Can You Make Smoothies with a Breville Juicer?
To make smoothies, you’ll need a blender instead of a juicer. A blender chops up all your ingredients together with milk and ice to make a smoothie. You can use the juicer to create a base for your smoothie, however, you’ll still need to blend it with your milk to turn it into a delicious smoothie.
Can I Juice Wheatgrass in a Breville Juicer?
Yes, you certainly can. And you should get better results using a masticating juicer (the Breville BJ600XL Fountain Crush) when juicing leaves.
Can I Juice a Pomegranate Using a Breville Juicer?
Yes, that’s easily possible. Better yet, thanks to Breville’s wide chute, you can throw in the whole pomegranate without the need to cut it.
Breville Juice Fountain Plus JE98XL vs Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL Review
Breville Crush Juice Fountain Demonstration: