Cuisinart Griddle Deluxe vs. Elite, What’s The Difference Between Them?
If you ask me, a griddle is a must-have appliance in any modern kitchen. It’s such a versatile appliance that allows you to prepare a wide variety of food and meals without much of a hassle.
In this post, we’re looking at top griddles by Cuisinart. These 6-in-1 griddles have the most wanted functions for preparing delicious meals. The models we’re reviewing and comparing here are the Cuisinart Deluxe and Cuisinart Elite.
Comparisons in this post:
- Cuisinart Deluxe vs Elite Griddles
- Cuisinart Deluxe vs. Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddle.
- Cuisinart Deluxe vs T-Fal OptiGrill
Features of the Cuisinart Griddle Deluxe:
- 6-in-1 function: contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, grill and griddle, and top-melt.
- Non-stick plates are all removable and reversible.
- Dual-zone temperature control, top plate can be set to a temperature different than the bottom.
- Top plate can be adjusted to different heights to accommodate different heights of food.
- Searing function: sear at up to 500F for up to two minutes at a time.
- Integrated drip tray fully removable and dishwasher safe.
- Elegant brushed stainless steel housing.
Features of the Cuisinart Griddle Elite:
- 6-in-1 functions: contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, grill and griddle, and top-melt.
- Dual-zone temperature.
- Back-lit Digital display shows you the exact temperature of each plate.
- Timer function with auto shut-off.
- Non-stick, reversible plates.
- Searing function at up to 500F.
- Height adjustable top-plate.
- Removable drip tray.
- Brushed stainless steel housing.
What Is The Difference Between The Cuisinart Griddle Elite vs. Deluxe?
Functions wise, the two models are identical in what they do. There are two upgrades to the Elite model:
- It has a digital display that shows you what degree the plates are at.
- It has a timer with auto-shut off.
- Other than those features, the Deluxe and Elite are the same in function and will give you the same grill/griddle space.
Do The Cuisinart Griddle Elite or Deluxe Have Waffle Plates?
The Cuisinart Deluxe and Elite have reversible plates that go from grill to griddle surface. Unfortunately, they do NOT have waffle plates. If you want the option of waffle plates, the Cuisinart 5-in-1 is worth looking at, however, it’s less in features compared to them.
Cuisinart Griddle Deluxe vs. Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddle:
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. Dimensions: 13.50 L x 11.50 W x 7.12 H inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food. BPA Free
- Removable and reversible 11" x 9" dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking into the integrated drip tray.
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping tool included
- Please refer to the Product Video and the User Manual before use.
- The Cuisinart 5-in1 Griddle has been a favorite for a long time. It is compact in size and is able to perform many functions: contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. (No top-melt function).
- It is smaller in size than the Deluxe, giving you a 200-square inch space rather than 240-square inch that the Deluxe has.
- Unlike the Griddle Deluxe, it doesn’t have dual-zone temperature function.
- In addition to reversible plates, the 5-in-1 griddle has waffle plates that you can buy separately or get as a bundle. The Griddle Deluxe does not have this type of plate.
Cuisinart Griddle Deluxe vs. T-fal Opti-grill, What’s The Difference?
- First electric indoor grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods
- 6 automatic cooking programs for Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish. Cooking surface: 600 square centimeter
- Easy monitoring of the cooking process with its preheating / ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and well done
- 2 cooking modes: one for frozen food and a manual mode so you can cook anything the way you want; Large juice tray and plates with an angle of 7° to ensure cooking juices run off.
- Die cast aluminum and removable nonstick plates for effortless food release and cleaning; dishwasher safe drip tray and plates. Refer the complete userguide before using the product
We have compared the Cuisinart Griddle and T-Fal OptiGrill in a previous post which you can read here. While the Cuisinart Griddle is a multi-function griddle, the T-fal Opti-Grill is an indoor electric grill and it operates differently than the Cuisinart Griddle.
- The T-fal has 6 cooking settings: burgers, poultry, sandwiches, sausage and pork, red meat and fish.
- The grill is able to automatically adjust the heat to the type of food you’re grilling.
- An indicator shows you the exact doneness level of your food, from rare to well-done, so you get the exact results you want.
- It also has two cooking modes: one for frozen food so it first defrosts it then cooks it. The other is a manual setting to allow you to go beyond the pre-sets.
The T-fal Opti-grill is an impressive indoor grill and is best for someone who is looking for a full function grill instead of a griddle/grill combo like the Cuisinart.