What Is a Convection Oven?
What sets a convection oven from a regular oven is the fact that it has a fan and exhaust system. With this, it is able to cook food faster, more evenly and gives you better browning results. Most convection ovens should give you the option of using the fan or keeping it off. So it works just like a regular oven, but you have the option of using a fan when cooking certain foods.
When Is It Best To Use a Convection Oven?
The fanning system of a convection oven would give you best results when you want to roast or bake:
- If you’re roasting meats, you’ll find that the fan will give you a quicker cook time and it will roast your meat evenly as well as giving you a nice crisp skin on meat or veggies.
- For baked food like cakes, cookies or pastries, it results in a more puffed pastry and evenly baked cookies without the need to rotate the tray as some traditional ovens require you to.
What Is a Smart Oven?
a Smart Oven has everything a regular and a convection oven have. What makes it ‘smart’, though? a Smart Oven has pre-sets for different foods that, with a push of a button, will automatically adjust the heat temperature and cook time to give you the best results for cooking a specific type of food. For example: you’ll find a button for functions like Bake, Broil, Toast or buttons like Pizza, Bagel, Toast or Cookies which give you more specific functionality and temperature settings. At the same time, a Smart Oven can be used with manual settings.
A smart oven is also programmed to remember your settings for next use, so you don’t have to redo your settings every time you use it. When it comes to heating elements, most smart ovens have them on top, bottom and sides, which gives you an even quicker and more even cooking.
What Is The Best Smart Oven To Buy?
When it comes to smart ovens, you can’t beat the quality and technology of Breville. It is one of the most popular ones out there and the highest rated.
Features of the Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven:
- 1800W power. 0.8 cubic foot interior/ 6-slice toast capacity
- 5 Quartz Elements (heating elements) with Element IQ technology that move the heat where and when it’s needed.
- 10 pre-set cooking functions.
- Slow Cook Function will automatically switch to Keep Warm for up to 2 hours and can be set at ‘HI’ 2-8 hours, or ‘LO’ for 4-10 hours
- Timer with auto shut-off.
- Frozen food function.
- Temperature conversion.
- Color-changing LCD display to reflect process.
- Included accessories: 12″ x 12″ enamel baking pan, a 12″ x 12″ enamel broiling rack, and a 13″ non-stick pizza pan
What Is The Difference Between the Breville BOV845BSS and BOV800XL?
The BOV800XL is another smart oven by Breville. The is a model that is previous to the BOV845BSS and they have just one difference between them. You can read our full comparison between the Breville BOV800XL and BOV845BSS by clicking here, but if you’re in a hurry, the only difference is:
- The BOV845BSS is an upgraded version that has a Slow Cook function which the BOV800XL lacks.
- Another difference is that the BOV845BSS has internal lighting that automatically switches on when you open the door.