T-Fal OptiGrill vs. Cuisinart GR-150 Griddle Deluxe, What Is The Difference and Which Is Best?
In this post, we’ll be comparing two excellent choices for an indoor electric grill: the T-Fal OptiGrill vs. Cuisinart GR-150 Griddle Deluxe. First, let’s look at each grill’s features individually…
Features of the T-Fal OptiGrill Electric Grill:
- 6 cooking programs: Burgers, Poultry, Sandwiches, Sausage, Red Meat, Fish
- Automatic sensors adapt cooking times to the thickness of the food you’re grilling.
- Cooking light indicator changes in color (right of the handle) to indicate the doneness of the food, with sound alerts to indicate rare, med-rare and well done.
- Frozen food function defrosts and cooks any type of frozen food.
- Angled plates help release the fat to the drip tray. Both plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe.
- Brushed stainless steel housing.
Features of the Cuisinart GR-150 Griddle Deluxe:
- Six cooking options: contact grill, panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill, half griddle, top melt
- Plates are reversible as grill or griddle plates.
- Dual zone temperature control allows you to operate each side (upper or lower grill) individually.
- Sear function.
- Top cover is height adjustable.
T-Fal OptiGrill vs. Cuisinart Grildder, What Is The Differece?
- Both the OptiGrill and Cuisinart Griddle have 6 cooking pre-sets, although named differently. The OptiGrill is geared more towards grilling alone while the Cuisinart features some griddle tasks like melting and pressing, which should be great for breakfast preparation for example.
- The Cuisinart features reversible plates, which is quite great. It combines both grill and griddle tasks without adding any addition plates.
- The T-Fal OptiGrill only has grill plates, so you won’t be able to use it as a griddle.
- The Cuisinart features Dual zone control which allows you to adjust the top and bottom’s temperature to different settings.
- The T-fal OptiGrill does not have individual controls for its plates, however, it has a number of advance settings:
- Frozen food setting that the Cuisinart Griddle lacks. It defrosts and cooks any frozen food.
- It has sensors that automatically adjust temperature according to food thickness.
- It has light and sound indicator which lets you know the doneness of the food.
- Both grills feature non-stick, dishwasher safe plates.
- Both are stainless steel housing which should be easy to maintain.
- The T-Fal OptiGrill plated are angled which helps in making all the fat drip right into the dripping tray. This makes it easier to get rid of all the fat right away and possible easier to clean.
Which Is Best To Buy?
Both grills have their advantages, and after all, the choice is up to you and how you want to use it:
- The OptiGrill has some great automatic and manual features, it ensures that your food is to your optimal taste with its advanced indicators.
- The Cuisinart’s reversible plates and dual zone temperature control makes it useful to use as a grill or griddle for making any meal.