Review of Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO with FreshVac Technology + Comparison To Other Ninja Blenders
One of the easiest ways to top up your vitamin levels and keep hydrated is by consuming fresh-made smoothies and drinks loaded with fruits, vegetables as well as other healthy ingredients. Blenders (large and personal) are on the rise with popularity as people simply love their smoothies in the morning or as a pick-me-up nutritional treat in the afternoon. On the other hand, keeping your drinks fresh was always a concern. As it’s a wide known fact, once you keep ingredients like fruit or veggies out for too long after blending or juicing, they start to oxidize and lose flavor, texture or color. This problem can be a thing of the past, thanks to the new technology Ninja is introducing with their Smart Screen Blender Duo with FreshVac Technology.
Features of the Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO with FreshVac Technology:
- Smart Base with 1400-watt motor and automatic vessel recognition.
- 72 oz pitcher with lid.
- Includes two 20 oz single serve cups with spout lids (can be purchased without the single serve cups).
- Touch screen controls. Displays menu based on the inserted vessel automatically.
- 7 pre-set programs. Frozen Drink, Smoothie, Ice Cream and Puree for the pitcher, and Frozen Drink, Smoothie and Extract for single serve cup.
- FreshVac Pump pumps out oxygen from the pitcher/cup before blending to lock in vitamins and keep drinks fresh overnight.
- Pro Extractor Blades breaks down touch ingredients to extract the most vitamins and nutrients from whole veggies and fruits.
- Stacked blades designed to crush ice as well as frozen ingredients to the perfect frozen drink.
So, What Is FreshVac Technology, Exactly?
At the beginning of this post, I said that Ninja has introduced a new technology that works on eliminating quick oxidization of ingredients to keep your drinks fresh for a longer time. Now we understand that oxygen interaction with the ingredients for a period of time is what causes the change in texture and flavor of the drink, then the solution to the problem is getting rid of or keeping oxygen away from the drink. How do you do that? By using the FreshVac pump by Ninja, which is included with your blender.
FreshVac pump is placed on the lid of pitcher or the single serve cup. Before blending your ingredients, and with a simple push of a button, FreshVac will pump out oxygen out of the pitcher so it doesn’t interact with the ingredients as it blends.
So whether you’re blending large patches in the pitcher (smoothies, protein drinks, soup…) or a small patch in the single serve cup (smoothie, dips, dressing…) FreshVac works on pumping out oxygen and sealing in freshness.
Watch How It Works:
Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO Compared to Previous Ninja Blender Models:
There are a number of Ninja Blenders out there and they all work just a great. I’ve created a Ninja Blender buying-guide that highlight popular models and who is it best for. So here’s a quick comparison with these models:
Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO vs. Intelli-Sense Blender:
Intelli-Sense is similar to the Smart Screen Blender DUO in the way that both are equipped with Smart Vessel Recognition and have a touchscreen display that brings up menus in accordance to the used vessel. However, both are equipped with different programs and include different accessories that makes them geared toward different tasks.
- Smart Screen DUO has 7 programs in total. 4 work with the pitcher and 3 with the single-cup. These functions are: Frozen drink, smoothie, ice cream, Extract and Puree.
- If you buy the Smart Screen DUO bundle with additional Precision Processor vessel, you’ll be able to use two additional programs: Chop and Puree. It will also include a dough blade and a chopping blade.
- Intelli-Sense has 12 programs in total: smoothie, frozen drink, ice cream, snow cone, puree, chop, dough, dips, extract, refresher and dressing. Also, two additional programs will unlock if you use the auto-spiralizer attachment: fettucine blade and spaghetti blade.
So far, both Intelli-Sense and Smart Screen blenders can somewhat perform similar tasks if you get the right attachments, but here’s where the real difference is:
Only Smart Screen DUO blender attachments are compatible with the FreshVac pump. This means the lids of the pitcher and single-serve cup can accommodate the pump that pulls out oxygen to keep ingredients fresh overnight.
- Smart Screen DUO: 1400-watt
- Intelli-Sense: 1200-watts
Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO vs. Ninja Chef Blender:
Ninja Chef is another model that is equipped with the handy Smart Vessel recognition technology which makes it all easier to use the attachments correctly. However, it works a little differently than the Smart Screen Duo blender:
- Ninja Chef has two attachments: 72 oz pitcher and the 20 oz single serve cup. No food processor attachment available for it.
- It has 10 pre-set programs: smoothie, frozen drink, extract, ice cream, soup, dressing, puree, dip/salsa, flour/mill and nut butter.
- It also has 10 manual settings which allows you to fine-tune each of those settings. That includes setting the speed and the time.
- Ninja Chef’s base is 1500-watt power.
- Controls are not touchscreen, but dial knob and push-buttons.
On the other hand, still no FreshVac compatibility for this one, too.
Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO vs. Ninja Professional Blender:
The Ninja Professional Blender is a great basic blender with no pre set programs or additional attachments other than single-serve cups. It has three speeds and pulse option. One of the best features of this blender is its ability to crush ice perfectly thanks to Ninja’s Total Crushing blades.