Best Rated Waffle Makers For Thick and Crispy Waffles
Every day is a good day for waffles, you can never get tired of them. There is something in this dessert that make you feel happy, well… beside the sugar. Waffles are so versatile that you can add different toppings to every time and never get bored; whipping cream, syrup, strawberries or ice cream. Even a plain Belgian waffle is an absolute treat.
For all waffle lovers over there, this post is dedicated to you. If you want to enjoy delicious waffles every day, getting a waffle maker is a must. But which one should you go for?
Here’s Why You Should NOT Buy a Generic Waffle Maker:
You know those cheap generic waffles maker that you simply switch on, pour batter and press are usually the first thing people go to, either because of their low price or because they don’t know there are better choices out there. These waffle maker are a terrible purchase not only because they break easily, but because they don’t give you any options for customizing your waffle to your preference.
If you’re making waffles everyday for the whole family, you’ll want an appliance that can make waffles to suit everyone’s individual taste, but most importantly, that can handle the use and abuse of making too many waffles. And best of all, these waffle makers, even if a little on the higher side price wise, they should last you a long time due to their strong and durable build.
In this post, we’ll be sharing the best rated waffle makers for individuals and large families.
Best Rated Waffle Makers:
Breville Smart Waffle Maker BWM640XL 4 Square:
- 4 Square waffle maker, also available as 2 square.
- Smart waffle maker; automatic time and temperature adjustment based on the batter’s moisture and other factors.
- Has options to make four different batter types; Belgian, Classic, Chocolate or Buttermilk. Also, custom setting.
- Control dial with 12 setting to customize baking.
- “A Bit More” button; that allows you to add a touch of browning.
- Die-cast aluminum cooking plates for the best heat retention and uniform browning.
- The lid can be locked to store the waffle maker vertically in a cabinet.
- Available from Williams-Sonoma or Amazon.
Watch a Video Review of the Breville Smart Waffle Maker:
Please note that the video mentions that it’s a Sage Waffle Maker, that’s what Breville is labelled as in the UK, the maker in the video is exactly the same as the one we’re listing, the 2-quare version:
All-Clad 99011GT 2-Square Belgian Waffle Maker:
- Made of Stainless steel and die-cast finish
- 6 settings for shading and browning to choose from
- LED indicator lights
- Non stick plates;
- Audible signal alerts; to tell you once your waffles are ready to eat.
- Advanced heating technology, making a perfect crispy waffles
- “Ready light” lighten up when it is time to add the batter
- Lock Lid for easy storage
Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker:
- Double Belgian Waffle Maker; bakes TWO round shape Belgian waffles at a time
- Rotating features; to bake waffles evenly on both sides
- 1 inch deep pockets; gives more room for toppings
- 2 LED lights; Heat up and ready to bake
- Audible beeping alert to tell once the waffles are ready
- Browning controls
- 1400-watt waffle maker
Waring Pro WWM1200SA vs WMK600, What’s The Difference?
You may notice the Warning Pro WWM1200SA, which looks identical to the WMK600 and wonder what is the difference and if you should consider one over the other. Fact is, there are no difference between them. The WWM1200SA in an older model to the WMK600. So you’ll notice the design of the WMK600 has been updated so it has more brushed stainless steel and less plastic, which is great for an appliance that operates with heat. Features wise, there are no differences.
Need more waffle maker recommendations? Read our comparison between the Calphalon No Peek vs. Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker.